+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bit of good news for a change

Bit of good news for a change

My grieving for my ex is certainly not over and while I still have bad days where I could just lie in bed and cry about her, they are getting spread out more and more apart. I think I'm starting to exit out of the depression phase and into the acceptance phase. I find myself thinking about her less and less and we have been maintaining contact about the whole time. There are set backs but I kind of just taught myself to see through her or to not even look her way. I think posting on this particular forum (broken hearts) has helped me in many ways. I was able to air out my problems with her and to her via post here instead of contacting your ex without hearing her actual responses which I am sure would have done nothing but to hurt me further.

I have gone through the various stages of grieving naturally and have been careful not to allow myself to rebound on someone else (even though I wanted to) or rely too much on alcohol to carry me through (the last time I got drunk the next morning was the worst emotional set back I had incurred). I hope to have this all licked in a matter of a few weeks, but that's not up to me to decide. I know I find myself wondering less on what she is doing, and worrying about what I need to get done.

I don't hate my ex, but I don't love her the same that I used to. Our relationship is over and can never be rekindled with the same fire that once had. We were amazing together in many ways and very toxic for each other in other ways. I see that now and am ok with that. There will be others out there and if they break my heart too, then I know that I'm still alive and I that I still feel something.
    Last edited by OmnicronPercei8; 14-07-11 at 12:25 AM. Reason: -more and more apart

I will have to say that I still do regret losing my good friend out of all this. We were great friends for two years before we started seeing each other and along with the other feelings, that may be washed away forever as well. The jury is still out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    I will have to say that I still do regret losing my good friend out of all this. We were great friends for two years before we started seeing each other and along with the other feelings, that may be washed away forever as well. The jury is still out on that.
    Friends with my ex for 5 years, all gone. It happens, you live, you learn, you move on.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley