+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lied about my age...

Lied about my age...

I met a girl last week in a rock club, she asked me how old I was, I told her 18 (I'm actually 17, 18 in just over a month)... because she was 22, I didn't want her to push me away just because of me being 17..

We met up again the other day and all was great... we got along like a house on fire.. there were definatly some fireworks.. even if they were the cheap sparklers you buy for a few pence..

I'm gonna have to tell her I lied at some point.. I really don't know how she'll react.

She even said the other day, "Age doesn't make any difference.. look at us!".. I was like "Mhmmmhmmm"..

Gah.. Don't know what to do?

crE

Don't panic. Though you lied about your age, I don't think she's going to disown you in the process. Besides, you only stretched the truth by a month.
    If you don't make a huge deal about your age chances are, she won't either.
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

starting out anything lying is bad. if someone lied to me that quickly about ANYTHING i'd always question whether i not what i heard from them was the truth.

Hmmm..

Misombra - This is what I was worried about. But if I'd have told her my real age - then I was afraid she wasn't going to want to get to know me.

Angie - I hope that's true. I've never lied in a relationship before. Not like that. Hope she can understand where I'm coming from.

crE

Um, you have known her a week.

What relationship?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

well if he's never been a relationship he wouldn't really know what a relationship is.

alrighty... although you've told a little lie, everybody has and it's not necessarily an unforgiveable offence, but you must realize that she probably won't trust you for a while. you have to build a certain amount of trust, the ability to be true to who you are and grow on whatever it is, and on that you can build a relationship. in a relationship you can't keep little lies going. you can't lie about something like that for very long and if you do you'd have to keep building on that lie, it wouldn't be easy and you would lie and lie and lie forever about it. that life is so miserable. it's best if you like someone to be yourself, tell the truth unless you want to eventually find yourself fessing up and facing someone with whom who would have spent a lot of time with to tell them you lied to them or purposedly decieving them to save your own ass.

...but you already have. the best thing you could do is tell her about it fast. maybe she'll see that you are a person who is willing to be truthful with her and admit when you've done something bad. generally people appreciate that in a person.
    Last edited by misombra; 21-01-05 at 08:04 AM.

P.S. I would personally just flat out tell her that your birthday is coming up in over a month, and you are going to be 18. Chances are she won't say anything, but if she does, just say something jokingly about how you meant to say you were almost 18.

Come on people. She is a 22 year old young woman. She has to have realized/been told this dude is still in High School. Does it really matter if you are 17 or 18? As long as you didn't tell her you were 26 or some other bullshit.

It's not like you told her you were in the top 12 on American Idol. This is stupid stuff that happens every day.

P.S.S. I dated a 23 year old girl when I was 16 for over 8 months. (And yes, she knew my age). It's not like you're breaking the "rules" or anything in all reality. As long as you are mature enough to be cool about shit, I don't think she is going to go running for the hills since you "fibbed" about a month or so time period.

You guys are making this kid out to be a Satanic Priest for all of his lies and making him afraid he is going to the 9th Sphere of Hades.....tomorrow.

hahaha, i agree with cyblog here! just pretend you meant to say you were almost 18. good idea

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    by a month? who cares, don't worry about it.

Yeah, I don't think that's a big deal. By only a month, I personally think that it's not really worth saying anything about it.
    "I saw myself as he saw me and the amazing things was that in his eyes i'm beautiful." Liz Parker-Roswell

My sister's boyfriend is a little more than four years younger than her, and they're getting married soon. You don't have anything to worry about.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.