+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is there a way for me to be her friend?

is there a way for me to be her friend?

I met this girl in one of my summer classes. I introduced myself to her, and we became acquaintances. We didn't really get to know each other, primarily because I was the one who had to initiate contact, and I didn't want to be pushy.

I'll be honest. I'm physically attracted to her, and quite frankly, I find her a bit intimidating because she's so attractive. She works at the library, and from what I can see, she's by herself most of the time, working. I spend a lot of time at the library as well, mainly because I still have classes left to finish.

I would like to try to become her friend and then ask her out if all goes well. I don't even know if she's single (I doubt it). What do you recommend me doing? And just for the record, I haven't had my first relationship yet, so I'm pretty nervous and fearful of rejection

NO! you do not be friends with her.....that is being a wimp. Just grow some balls and ask her out. You get better results being forward and confident. The wimp friend crap is a turn off and will get you rejected, and crushed.

The reality here is that rejection is just part of life so you better get over it.

Just ask her out, if she says no, she would have said no down the road anyways because a girl/woman already has it figured out in 7 seconds of meeting you whether you are BF material of not. You cannot expect anything to happen in life if you don't take risks......seriously rejection will not kill you. Tip: stop putting them up on a pedistal, they are people too.....if you keep doing it, it will intiminate you even more.