+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opinions Please

Opinions Please

My best friend was dating Blake for 4 months and they started talking about marriage. She decided it was all moving too fast and broke it off. Michelle and Blake remained friends and went out as friends a few times.

Two months later, she asked Blake to date again because she missed him a lot. They dated 1x/week for six weeks then more frequently. One picnic date was also with 2 of Blake's friends. The next day, Michelle broke up with Blake and started talking to John (one of Blake's friends).

I don't think Michelle should be dating John at least until a few months have passed if she wants to stay friends with Blake like she claims. Also, John and Blake work at the same place. I think Michelle and John are out of line with this.

What do you think?

Thanks

I think it's Michelle and John business

Are you Michelle or John or Blake? If not I would say it's up to them what they do.

1. Marriage talk after 4 months of dating is far too soon. These people are obviously very young and inexperienced. IMO you should date 1 year before even talking about marriage. Talk about other long-term issues, but don't make wedding plans. I also think both people should be at least age 25. Statistically, the younger you marry, the more likely you are to get a divorce because you didn't really understand what you wanted in a partner. (I married at age 23 and got divorced later. NOW I know what I need in a partner.)

2. Michelle doesn't know what she wants which is why she is flip-flopping between guys. She needs to grow up. She is just bad news for the guys.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

No, I am not Michelle, John or Blake. I'm Michelle's friend as I stated.

I think John is bad news. He's stepping on his friend, Blake. He's 10 years older than Michelle, has a kid (paternity court case proved it's his), and has been jailed for dui's.

Anyway, thanks again.

Although others argue that it's not your place, I feel that you are just being a good friend! I think that John and Michelle are a bit out of line. This little relationship between them are the ingredients for big trouble!
    On the other hand, you cannot stop love and you do not know if Michelle and John have a genuine connection. Your best bet would be to tell Michelle of your concerns and of the potential to really hurt Blake and cause a huge problem.