+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The dating blues

The dating blues

As I write this I have yet to determine if it is motivated by a need for advice, or just another one of those dating rambles you get from desperate singles. I am a 23 year old male currently enrolled in nursing school. For 7+ years I have been haunted by lonliness. I'm not hideous looking or overweight. I can not seem to find anyone to date, and it leaves me with a sense of hopelessness. Should I go to random bars in the Philly area and try to meet someone there, or is that a lost cause. Is it acceptable for me to go up to girls I barely know and ask them out to dinner? Are there other options that work such as online dating services? I suppose I'm looking for any form of advice/reccomendation from practically any girl.

Not a girl, but here's what I'd say.

You're a nursing student? You're wasting VALUABLE resources right there. Common interest, common goal, able to talk on an equal level with you. Get some "study buddies". Get some girls numbers with a goal of study sessions and work from there.

What are you looking for? A simply hookup? Some quick fun? If so, bars/clubs are known for that. If you are looking for a more seirous, more mature relationship, I wouldn't hit philly bars. Find a place you enjoy hanging out, and meet girls there. You'll be happy wherever it is because you enjoy being there ANYWAY, and it'll show that you're happy. And girls will see that you're happy and enjoying your time and will be friendlier and more susceptable to your magical world of wonder.

Alexi

i know how you feel nobody loves me either :'(
    aah, bisto

Imo, don't meet someone that you would want to be serious with from a bar, this is just from my experience they end up not being very trustworthy people

agree with alexi here, find some study buddies (there must be loads of girls training with you surely) approach them, smile and just talk about work or something. Dont worry about looking silly or making an ass of yourself, sounds like your already down on yourself already feeling lonely so you really have nothing to loose.

Some people dont meet 'the one' till later on in life, while others find them early. I wouldnt worry, just concentrate on your studying and friends and having fun (try bars and stuff if u just want some fun) and it should all fall into place -x good luck x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey! It's a Phillyboy! What part of Philadelphia you from?

Thanks for the advice everyone! I not from Phillly, I'm just in North Philly going to La Salle for nursing. I'm originally from Lebanon, PA.