+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How big of a turn off is acne?

How big of a turn off is acne?

im 19. ive always had horrible acne problems. tried everything known to man and a few years ago started taking some aggressive pills. i had acne on face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest. the pills helped alot, but didnt get rid of everything. my back shoulders, and chest really have hardly any acne anymore, but whats left is horrible bubbly scarring. and for the face ive pretty much gotten it down to a minimum, but still some, and red scarring left over. i get complimented on my teeth alot, they were a wreck too, but thank god for full proof braces that dont just "help" and i dont think im ugly looking, i just dont know how much my acne renders my attractiveness. whats ur opinion on it? do u think that when u see a guy with acne that he just lacks hygiene? or that it is just plain unattractive? keep in mind im 19 and around girls of my same age at college, how does that age feel about it?

No one will care so long as you are confident. With men, confidence=sexy. Looks are far less important. Albeit, you do need to be hygienic. Lack of hygiene=gross for a girl or guy and so long as you are regularly showering and upkeeping hygiene, you're fine in that respect.

If someone tries to laugh at it, they are a douche and you need to laugh at it right back, then make some humorous comment about one of their imperfections. No one is perfect, we've all had acne, don't let it stop you. I know a guy at uni who is skinny and has only three fingers on his right hand yet is one of the biggest ladies' men at the faculty. Its all about attitude.

Go get 'em
    Last edited by Anna25; 19-07-11 at 03:51 AM.

Yeah man, I had some pretty bad acne all through high school. It just destroys your confidence for sure. I would always try and avoid pictures and hated talking about it. Then one day I got fed up, finally got some medication and now it's all gone for the most part. I don't have bad scaring, but it did scar my confidence in my self when talking to women. I've been trying to break out of it lately now.

Keep your chin up high, look people straight in the eye and project your voice. Don't yell at them, just send out positive energy.

sadie_genie Guest
    Doesn't matter that much if you are good looking.

used to bang a girl who had horrible acne, all over her body. smart, sweet girl, great body and just dirty in bed. but didnt want to touch her otherwise, all that bumpy skin was a major turn off. she got it cleared up somehow and got married to some millionaire. good for her.

Try cutting on sugar and salt for a month. And mostly all processed food too. I'm serious.
    Last edited by celestina; 19-07-11 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna25 View Post
    No one will care so long as you are confident. With men, confidence=sexy. Looks are far less important. Albeit, you do need to be hygienic. Lack of hygiene=gross for a girl or guy and so long as you are regularly showering and upkeeping hygiene, you're fine in that respect.

If someone tries to laugh at it, they are a douche and you need to laugh at it right back, then make some humorous comment about one of their imperfections. No one is perfect, we've all had acne, don't let it stop you. I know a guy at uni who is skinny and has only three fingers on his right hand yet is one of the biggest ladies' men at the faculty. Its all about attitude.

Go get 'em
    i never really got made fun of about it, at least that i can remember. my friends poked fun at it a few times, but only a few, because they were scared to hurt my feelings, but whenever it was talked about it was not a big deal, i poked fun at it too. i shower daily, wash my face multiple times per day and use like 3 acne creams a day. so im doing alright in the hygienic department. and i used to not be confident at all, but im working on it and so far im feeling pretty confident now a days, not in the lady department unfortunately, ive had a gf and girls ive started talking to but never worked out in my first year of college yet. i just now started thinking about how my acne has got in the way of meeting girls, or girls wanting to meet me

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Yeah man, I had some pretty bad acne all through high school. It just destroys your confidence for sure. I would always try and avoid pictures and hated talking about it. Then one day I got fed up, finally got some medication and now it's all gone for the most part. I don't have bad scaring, but it did scar my confidence in my self when talking to women. I've been trying to break out of it lately now.

Keep your chin up high, look people straight in the eye and project your voice. Don't yell at them, just send out positive energy.
    ya man it sucks. thanks for the words of encouragement. im really trying to build my confidence now a days

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Doesn't matter that much if you are good looking.
    well idk if i am. like i said, ive gotten complimented on my smile and all, but never really anything else. i feel its because of my acne, at least i hope

Quote Originally Posted by celestina View Post
    Try cutting on sugar and salt for a month. And mostly all processed food too. I'm serious.
    im not being unappreciative of ur help or anything, but my dermatologist said that that is all a myth and diet has no impact on acne. but i dont eat alot of sugar or salt anyway, or processed foods

Chances are that at your age you are not the only person who has some acne issues. Confidence really is the key. Concentrate on the things you enjoy and try to make the most of the things you have control over. If you are funny, confident, and strong in yourself, people will look past acne issues. And if they don't, they are probably not people you want to be with anyway.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Chances are that at your age you are not the only person who has some acne issues. Confidence really is the key. Concentrate on the things you enjoy and try to make the most of the things you have control over. If you are funny, confident, and strong in yourself, people will look past acne issues. And if they don't, they are probably not people you want to be with anyway.

Good luck.
    i like to think im funny and portray confidence. even tho im really not very confident and i guess not very strong in myself as you put it. its tough, i feel like the girl i am most recently talking to at the moment is going to be the last so i always devote so much into them. just thinking about it all the time etc. i understand that last line but at my age i think way more using the little guy down there than i do my actual head. i see a good looking girl with the worst personality and someone i wouldnt enjoy hanging out with, but since she is attractive i will devote myself to trying to build a relationship