+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need a girls perspective. Girl that is a friend

I need a girls perspective. Girl that is a friend

ok so there is this girl that's my friend. She like hugs me alot and for a long time. When I'm at her band concert and I'm sitting in the bleachers with her, she starts to poke my side and tickle my back. I also remember after OMEA solo /ensemble it was really cold so when I met up with her, she said I'm freezing then started to hug for warmth. She did this for 5 mins. Plus in my yearbook two years ago she wrote, .... You are my favorite 9th grader! I am the only guy she does this too. Anyone have input?

She probably likes you, but that doesn't mean she wants to date you. Ask her on a date, I mean she's giving you signs and she won't wait forever. If she says "no", then you know for sure you can move on to someone else.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

The only way to find out is to ask her out. Girls are horrible when it comes to friend zoning. They use you for their emotional tampon until they find themselves a BF. Don't say anything about your feelings. You only express your feelings when you are officially going out together.

I don't know why guys have such an issue just being friends with a girl. Whether she decides you are a friend or not has nothing to do with whether she decides to date you or not. Many girls actually prefer to make friends and then date someone. If you end up in the "friendzone" she was probably never going to date you anyway and you should just enjoy her company like she enjoys yours. That's not using people.

As for this situation there is no way to tell if you just found a very affectionate person who wants to be friends or if she is flirting. You will have to ask her on a date or ask what her feelings are to find out.