+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need insight on a sticky situation..

I need insight on a sticky situation..

This is the scenario... 3 years ago I went out on a couple of "dates" with this guy lets call him Bob. (we never said they were dates but I do assume they were since he asked me out, they always involved only the two of us and he always offered to pay.) Well in the midst of casually dating this guy I had met someone I connected with very fast. We soon had a serious relationship and two years down the road had a child together. Unfortunately we did not work out. All of the sudden "bob" has been contacting me on facebook, commenting on just about every post I make. Well we ended up chatting one day and he knows I have been going through some hard times and trying to find myself and he said "I hope you find what you are looking for, if you ever need to talk I am here." and he gave me his phone number. My question is... is this just a friendly thing he is doing and should I call him? I liked him once before, but I don't want to end up getting hurt again. If it is just friends I am okay with that also.

You live once... talk to him. Doesn't hurt to be friends first! Good luck

This doesn't seem like a very sticky situation. It sounds like you are single and are able to date whomever you choose. And why would you be worried about being hurt by this guy? You said you were casually dating him when you get serious with someone else. So unless I am missing something, you dated this guy casually a few times and then ended things because something you thought was more promising came along.

Personally, I think that Bob is the one that should be a little cautious here. But the fact that he gave you his number if you want to talk is a step that he made anyway.

At this point, it is probably just friendship, but you never know what it could turn out to be. Don't close yourself off from possibility.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!