+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mistake?

mistake?

for those that havent read my orignal post on why we broke ill give you the short version before i say why i think i made a mistake.
    My ex dumped me 2 weeks ago after 2 years because she kissed this guy whom she said she had feelings for for quiete a while,in these past 2 weeks we have seen each other,texted each other,kissed and said we love each other,even been out for the day together,then she wanted a week no contact,this was 4 days ago.
    right,, this mornnig she txt me asking what i was doing today,i said nothing really,so she came round and stayed from like 1pm till 10pm. She said she had been thinking and that she wanted to give it a go basically and that we should see each other 2 days per week,because she wants to see her friends,plus she works 4 days per week 12 hour shifts too,i agreed.
    Anyway i did something really wrong and looked at her txts when she was fast asleep,and saw texts to her friend,they had been on about me and my ex/gf said she "cba with me and doesnt know if she wants to get back with me and she kissed this guy from work" then after her friend replied she put something like " i right like this guy and we both said how we liked each other but now he says im too young".
    So really have i made a mistake in accepting her because i really feel like im 2nd choice? she wouldnt give me a proper kiss tonight but still said she loved me.
    I did text her tonight and asked if she is doing this for the right reasons and she replied with "im doing it to give it a go but i cant promise its gonna work".
    Im so confused on what to think or do,i know deep down i should send her packing but i do love her too much.

Yes, you broke trust by checking her messages, but in the end, it seems like you gained necessary information by doing that. And I wouldn't feel too guilty about checking her messages after what she'd done to you just 2 weeks before, turns out you were right to distrust her.

You seem to be her safe and second option after the guy she kissed with said she was too young for him and basically turned her down. She would have most likely broken up with you for good had he accepted her.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but it sounds like she's having you around until someone she likes better comes along.

Do you want to be with someone who disrespects you like that and doesn't seem to truely love you like you love her? You deserve to be treated right. Don't stay in this relationship for your own sake, you will be much happier with a girl who treats you like you deserve. Breaking up and recovering will be hard to do, I am still going through the motions 10 months after my ex gf broke up with me, but eventually, you have to give yourself a shot at real happiness. This relationship will not get you there in my opinion.

Yup I agree she has you as the fall back guy.

And me personally, I'd walk away if I knew that was the case.

she kissed someone else, broke up with you, then wants to get back together on her terms.

Your only mistake is taking her back, looking at her phone isn't really here nor there at this point.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

sorry deleted...
    Last edited by Posh_Yla; 04-08-11 at 12:21 PM.

well nearly a week has passed since i took her back,and its driving me insane. we have seen each other a few times and its been pretty ok,but not as good as it used to be,which is understandable.
    the thing that bothers me is i seem to be the only 1 that initiates everything,she does text me 1st sometimes but the converstation is always pretty simple and since yesterday she just stopped replying to some of my texts. So i told her that i feel as though she isnt bothered and that shes changed,its like shes got a dont care attitude.
    basically its gone from seeing each other nearly everyday for 2 years to hardly seeing each other and not texting as much. im going crazy now because i feel as though she would rather be with her friends and that she isnt interested in me. as much as its breaking my heart i need to make a decision today,i was thinking of maybe saying something like "we do this properly or not at all because the way it is now its tearing me in 2" but i just dont know if its the right thing to say?