+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really really want to talk to my ex, we've been broke up a month

I really really want to talk to my ex, we've been broke up a month

I really want to talk to my ex because i really really miss her

I don't think i want to get back with her, but then again i don't want to hear that she is someone else

Please someone sort my head out

Thanks

Of course you miss her. She was a big part of your life. But if you talk to her, you may feel better short term, but it is just going to take longer to heal. It is a wound that is healing slowing and your desire to talk to her is the wound itching. But if you scratch at it, you risk breaking it open again and possibly getting infected (hearing she is with someone else or that she doesn't want to talk to you any more).

Avoid the temptation. Talk to someone else. Anyone else. Go into a chat room and randomly talk if you must. But avoid the temptation to go backwards.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Talking to her won't make you miss her any less, in fact it will make you miss her even more when you're not able to make love to her or have her in your life the way you want her to be.

You can't quit smoking if you keep having a drag on a cigarette. Keep up your cold turkey zero contact and you will soon enough have quit smoking. This is just a bad day and if you get up, get out there and do something exciting. Think of something to do that you've never done before and then do it to get your mind off of her.

Hang tuff. With time and what you do with your time you'll soon be happy you didn't open up the wound by taking another "drag" of her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks guys,

Thought i would have picked up a bit by now, but i still have the occasional bad day.

The problem is going from been together to not talking over night (and i mean literally over night)