+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like my teacher. HELP!!

I like my teacher. HELP!!

Hello everyone. I just registered and I really want some advice since I don't know whom to talk to about this.

I can't even ask my friends about it since I'm too shy.

Anyways, I really like my teacher right now. And he's 10 years older than me.

I'm really attracted to him and I'm actually hoping that we can be more than friends..

but I don't know if he's married or not or even if he has a girlfriend since he doesn't talk about his personal life

I think I'll be really hurt if I find out that he has a girlfriend already cause I really like him..

do you think I should confess now?? since he's my language teacher, our class ends in october. and it's a good thing that we're only 10 students in class..

do you think I should wait til the semester ends? cause I'm afraid that if he doesn't have a girlfriend now he might get one soon..

I don't like the idea cause I really like him so much... please give me advice!!!

you have no chance.. hes not gonna risk his career so he can bang you on his desk

I think you should invite him outside the school, somewhere a bit private like a cafe or Starbuck's. Tell him that you got something really important to say to him and that it'll be better if it's outside the school. Now once you get to the cafe or somewhere else, tell him about your feelings.

If you want to bet on even little bit of chance or possibility of being in a relationship with him, confess right away. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice... I think it's a good idea to do that but I don't know when I'll be able to. GOSH!!! I need a lot of courage to do that but I really think I should do what you said. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by student814 View Post
    Thank you for your advice... I think it's a good idea to do that but I don't know when I'll be able to. GOSH!!! I need a lot of courage to do that but I really think I should do what you said. Thanks!!!
    No problem. Everything worthwhile will take courage, small or a lot. What if he also likes you? How would you ever find out? With just a little courage of asking him out, you could've found out the truth. Whatever you choose in life, the truth will always be waiting for you...

wow thank you for your words!! they gave me hope that maybe my teacher likes me too.. who knows.... I won't be able to know anything if I don't try. thank you so much!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer View Post
    I think you should invite him outside the school, somewhere a bit private like a cafe or Starbuck's. Tell him that you got something really important to say to him and that it'll be better if it's outside the school. Now once you get to the cafe or somewhere else, tell him about your feelings..
    Yeah, you will probably be one of only 10 other students who has done so this semester!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my sister had the same experience with her English teacher. she decided to tell him about her feelings, he told her that he was married. i went to her graduation and when he was making a speech, sis and i made many inappropriate remarks about him, just to find out minutes later that his VERY NICE wife was sitting next to me. basically both of us had to apologize to her afterwards. the teacher and sis ended up being friends and he used her a lot for tutoring, part time helping him with homework/tests, etc.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

My advice - concentrate on your studies. Student/teacher relationships are normally fantasy and nothing more. Or criminal. If you are legal and there is no rule against him dating a student, then ask him out. He is just like anyone else. If nothing else, he will probably be flattered. But understand that even if he rejects you, that is not the worst thing in the world. Take it all as it comes and don't stress about it.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I am currently in a long term relationship with a teacher who taught at my school. The chemistry was obvious but we waited, if you simply can't get him out of your head please do the same. Besides if you don't and he rejects how awkward would it be to be in his class every day?

Not a good idea. If you were out of school and you were not his student, then ok, I guess its ok to tell him how you feel. I agree with DarkHelmet82 100 percent. You wouldnt want to ruin his career. You two would be blasted all over the media, and you dont want that crap. Save yourself the trouble and find someone your own age.
    I don't mind being blunt and cold to the core....everyone needs to be put in their place once in a while.

If this is a high school teacher, you'd better just forget it. He'd be taking a huge risk by attempting anything.

College. Not illegal by state law, but most schools have written policies about why staff and students cannot date.

Either way, it'd be very inappropriate for him to mix his personal and professional life in such a way.

I guess I'll just have to wait for October to come.. that's when our classes end. He's actually my teacher in Japanese.. And I enrolled for it in another institution.. not my college or anything..

I guess everyone's right. He's still my teacher and I'm his student. I can't do anything about it for now. I'll just have to wait then I'll confess my feelings for him.

Thanks everyone!

I do know what is wrong and what is right but sometimes I do things without thinking properly..

I just wanted to be convinced that I should still do what is right.. Thank you people!!

I guess I'll just have to wait for October to come.. that's when our classes end. He's actually my teacher in Japanese.. And I enrolled for it in another institution.. not my college or anything..

I guess everyone's right. He's still my teacher and I'm his student. I can't do anything about it for now. I'll just have to wait then I'll confess my feelings for him.

Thanks everyone!

I do know what is wrong and what is right but sometimes I do things without thinking properly..

I just wanted to be convinced that I should still do what is right.. Thank you people!!
    It's an important life skill to learn how to think things through properly before making a decision. Learn to weigh pro's and con's. You should take the time to practice this skill.

I think so too. I'm only 18 and I've never even had a boyfriend. I have a lot more things to learn.