+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all.

My first post. Just blowing some steam and wanting some opinions .

I'm not too upset about this situation. I'm more bummed out than anything. I try not to think about what happened. Well, I guess I need to fill you in on whats going on then, don't I? Well, a couple of months ago, I got re-acquainted with an old high school friend. Well, we didn't talk much back then, but we were not strangers. We both knew that we both existed. We started to talk on FB and text one another, and got to know each other more. Over the years, she got quite attractive. Also, I found that we have alot in common. Upon finding this information out, I kicked my own ass for not getting to know her sooner. I'm thinking in my head, hell ya, here is my break. I been though alot of failed relationships and been in a few one night stands, and I was thinking this is a very nice change in pace. I had lot of issues going on a year or so ago, of getting laid off from work and still trying to eat and the pay bills. (We all been there at one point.) Things are a heck of a lot better now and I'm happy how things are going in my life. Anyway, the more I got to know her, the more she opened up to a certain extent. We pretty much know a lot about one another and is brutally honest with each other. I found out during this time, she broke up with her ex. I don't know how long she dated him, I never asked. She has been single for a few months.

I'm starting to think that I re-entered her life at the wrong time. Talk about the odds of being against me here. Every once in a while she would lash out and say something that she didn't mean. She would just apologize and say she been going though a hard time. She admits she has been depressed. I been there, so I understand and I don't hold it against her. I been there for her, talking to her and just being a good listener to her while she is having tough times in her life in general, also along with grieving of her ex. We talked for hours on end, due to the common ground we have. I really enjoy her company, and she told me she enjoys mine. I know we all have issues and I don't hold that against her. One day, I decided to let it all out. I mean, everything that's being going on my life and its past mistakes I made. I felt comfortable telling her these things. Some of the info,that I told her was kept secret from everyone else. I was at the point of letting everything else out, to have a piece of mind because I wanted to her know the real me and my flaws, also including how I felt about her. I want to be more than friends some day. My heart is telling me to make moves and tell her how I feel about her. I just want to date her for the time being and see where it goes, but Im not getting a real chance too. She figured out it that I liked her anyway, so she had an idea of how I felt. Once I did tell her, here was the reply I get.

"The only thing that is important to me, is that
    you don't go beyond friendship with me. I enjoy talking to you, but I
    only see you as a friend, and don't take that as some type of
    rejection because I've only ever seen you as a friend, so I don't want
    you sitting over there thinking there's more to this. I am who I am,
    and I'm in love with someone who doesn't give a rats ass, that's going
    to take a long time for me to get through. I respect that you
    understand all of this, and I'm very sorry you've been through all
    that you have."

Now, everything is awkward between her and I. We cant keep a conversation going now. I often find run out of things to talk about. If I could hang out with her sometime, I could be there in person to talk and keeping a flow going. Anyway, my question is, should I just give up and move on, or should I just give her space like I am doing now and see if things will get going again? Please be honest. I want your opinions.
    Last edited by Agent85; 22-07-11 at 04:56 PM.
    I don't mind being blunt and cold to the core....everyone needs to be put in their place once in a while.

I guess everyone silence is telling me something..... crap..........
    I don't mind being blunt and cold to the core....everyone needs to be put in their place once in a while.

Um, yea... you scared her. But at least you heard from her what you needed to know - that she only thinks of you as a friend. Accept that as the way it is going to be and then your conversations should return to normal. But don't think it is going to change. She's made it pretty clear.

Sorry this is not what you want to hear but it seems like the most likely thing.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Um, yea... you scared her. But at least you heard from her what you needed to know - that she only thinks of you as a friend. Accept that as the way it is going to be and then your conversations should return to normal. But don't think it is going to change. She's made it pretty clear.

Sorry this is not what you want to hear but it seems like the most likely thing.

Good luck.
    Yeah, I suppose your right. Its my fault, and Ill take the responsibility for that. I wish things could have been different, hell I bet everyone on this forum wishes things could be different for them too. I just have had alot of people come and go in my life and I hate to lose this one as well. I haven't talked to her much at all lately, so I'm just going to let her go. If she wants to talk, she can talk to me then. I don't feel like putting any more effort into her right now. Its a damn shame, it really is. This woman, I know for a fact is a closer match to what I like in a woman. Oh well... If its meant to be then its meant to be. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent85 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose your right. Its my fault, and Ill take the responsibility for that. I wish things could have been different, hell I bet everyone on this forum wishes things could be different for them too. I just have had alot of people come and go in my life and I hate to lose this one as well. I haven't talked to her much at all lately, so I'm just going to let her go. If she wants to talk, she can talk to me then. I don't feel like putting any more effort into her right now. Its a damn shame, it really is. This woman, I know for a fact is a closer match to what I like in a woman. Oh well... If its meant to be then its meant to be. Cheers!
    We just hang out tonight walking. Her and a friend and I. It was nice, but now I am totaly confused. I just we are just friends but still. Why all a sudden did she want to hang out after I scared her? Wouldnt she be running away?