+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I shave my arms/legs?

Should I shave my arms/legs?

Hi ladies,

I'm a male in my mid 20's in search of a few opinions on my body hair. I happen to have some pretty hairy arms and legs. I think some girls get grossed out or turned off by it. I sometimes wonder if it is holding me back in the love department. I have actually overheard some girls (at parties or social events) talking about my arm hair, saying things like (oh my god, look at the hair on his arms, etc.).

Appearantly we can't post videos or links on here, so please look me up on youtube. My username on youtube is "thedude2037".
    Any comments, feedback, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you and good luck dating

Guys should never ever ever shave their arms and legs unless they are in a competitive sport that calls for it. Also if you do decide to remove the hair, wax it. Shaving will make the hair thicker and denser, where as waxing will thin it out.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

sadie_genie Guest
    Wolverin! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Guys should never ever ever shave their arms and legs unless they are in a competitive sport that calls for it. Also if you do decide to remove the hair, wax it. Shaving will make the hair thicker and denser, where as waxing will thin it out.
    Old wives tale.

However, stubble is really weird on a guy.

I'm not a chick... but I don't really think you're all that hairy. You're certainly no hairier than I am, and I've never had any trouble with it from women. Actually, my wife prefers it when I have a beard.

One thing I did notice... this is going to sound funny, but before you to out, groom it a bit - brush it all the same direction on your arms. Usually arm hair grows in a pattern across the arms from the inside of the forearm to the outside, and it'll all lay a bit flatter and look better if you smooth it all down first.

I knew a guy in the Army that looked like he had a pelt. He used to shave all the way down to the neckline of his t-shirt - now HE was too effing hairy! But he was married, wasn't an issue for him.

Thanks for your feedback! I have never actually shaved my arms or legs, but I have trimmed them a couple of times. What are your thought about "trimming them down a little" as opposed to shaving or waxing?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Old wives tale.

However, stubble is really weird on a guy.
    I thought so too, then I got an epilator. I can assure you my leg hair is not as dense as it once was. When I let them go I'm rather patchy now. Oh and eyebrows are also proof of this. Any woman that has plucked or waxed her eyebrows for a while will never be able to grow back exactly the same eyebrows they had before they started and I know many women that have tried.

And stubbly legs or arms are weird on a guy and there is nothing more strange than snuggling in with a man with smooth legs.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

shaving legs or arms is just gay. Its something that you will have to constantly maintain. Spend your time working out or buying some nice clothes instead.

I thought so too, then I got an epilator. I can assure you my leg hair is not as dense as it once was. When I let them go I'm rather patchy now. Oh and eyebrows are also proof of this. Any woman that has plucked or waxed her eyebrows for a while will never be able to grow back exactly the same eyebrows they had before they started and I know many women that have tried.

And stubbly legs or arms are weird on a guy and there is nothing more strange than snuggling in with a man with smooth legs.
    If it were true, I'd have the beard from hell... I mean even worse than I do. And once I started growing it, it'd thin out, no? As it is, I put the ol' #4 comb on the clippers and hack the hedge back about every two weeks... and I need to.

I'd shave it off entirely, but my wife loves my whiskers.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If it were true, I'd have the beard from hell... I mean even worse than I do. And once I started growing it, it'd thin out, no? As it is, I put the ol' #4 comb on the clippers and hack the hedge back about every two weeks... and I need to.

I'd shave it off entirely, but my wife loves my whiskers.
    Well hair follicles can only allow hair to grow through up to a certain density, so your beard hair is obviously as thick as it can be which I am certain is thicker and denser than it was when you were 18. Also to thin it out you would need to start waxing. I don't know why it happens but from what I have seen (and beauty therapists have agreed with me) it seems that some follicles will refuse to regrow hair once it's been plucked often enough. Some follicles will thin the hair so it's not as easy to remove.

Hair is a weird thing. I've known people whose eyebrows have never grown back after they've been shaved off. I also knew a girl in primary school who had awesome ringlets. Her brother attacked her with the clippers while she was sleeping one night and her parents had no choice but to shave her head. Her hair grew back dead straight. She was stoked. :p

Shaving will make the hair thicker and denser.
    that is not true.

no no nooooo!!!! lol don't shave your armpits or legs. i have male friends from different countries & apparently it's normal for guys there to do this, but for me, having grown up in the u.s., no, not a good look for a guy, especially the legs!

Im a hairy bastard so I do trim ( not shave) all over may be 3 times a year Sorry but those patches of hair on my back and on my ass are gone. I expect her to be trimmed down there so I do the same. My GF took a picture of the hair on my ass one night.... I was shocked
    Last edited by surfhb; 26-07-11 at 11:20 AM.

I honestly prefer hairy men. lol I know some girls that really dont like it, but i do. It seems masculine to me and i like that. Like for example, i met a guy who shaved everything off. He was a body builder and although his legs and stuff didnt bother me tooo much. Having no pubes REALLY grossed me out. lol

So i wouldnt worry too much, you will find someone who likes it a little more hairy
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Quote Originally Posted by confused bloke View Post
    that is not true.
    already debating this with HIA....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast