+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she afraid that I am coming on to her?

Is she afraid that I am coming on to her?

To make a long story short. I met this girl 9 months ago playing tennis and we have become great friends. She does have a bf though. We play tennis often and go out to lunch together sometimes as well. She has invited me out to meet her friends before and we all get along great. Sometimes I ask her to go to places with me, (drinks/movies, etc) and she always smiles and tells me about the plans she has already made.

We have been talking a lot about trying to meet up at a lake on our boats in the past but we just havent done so yet. Her boyfriend is currently living out of state and they are trying to make it work. Last weekend I asked her to come to the lake with me, and she texted me back saying that she was already doing something else. Then this week I texted her to see when she could play tennis with me and its been 4 days now and no response, she always replies back to me. So I am just a little worried that she is trying to avoid contact with me in hopes that I am not coming on to her. Do you think this is true or am I just being paranoid?

if I were her I would probably do the same. And if I were her boyfriend I would be slightly suss with the new guy friend if she was going to the movies and out for drinks. Nothing wrong with asking her to hang out, just being in a relationship and also doing those sorts of things with just you probably feels a little weird. Maybe you should try asking her to do those things with mutual friends so she doesnt feel you are coming onto her.

She doesn't want to date you. Just move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Friend zoned....she is just using you emotionally, so nothing will ever come of this.Forget it dude.

Do you think it would be a bad idea to ask her to hit again this coming week or should I wait a week?

1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasperm3 View Post
    we have become great friends
    2)
    She does have a bf
    3)
    Sometimes I ask her to go to places with me, (drinks/movies, etc) and she always smiles and tells me about the plans she has already made.
    4)
    Last weekend I asked her to come to the lake with me, and she texted me back saying that she was already doing something else.
    5)
    Then this week I texted her to see when she could play tennis with me and its been 4 days now and no response, she always replies back to me.
    Sometimes reading over your own stuff answers all.

You and her are friends.

Don't expect it to become anything else.

If you want to stay friends, back off, and look for romance elsewhere.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...