+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I apologize?

Should I apologize?

Hi,

3 months ago, me and a couple of male classmates graduated and joined a new company, we met a female co-worker and became quick friends.

Gradually I realised that one of the guys, who was at that time attached was attracted to her.

The thing is she's young (20) and says she has trust issues. (Which is the main point here, that I don't want to offend by thinking that she can't take care of herself)

The guy is funny and not altogether a bad guy, although he has a lot of emotional baggage and not very honest with his intentions.

He was very aggressive with pursuing her without actually asking her on dates, bringing other people along as a group.

Now, they are barely on speaking terms and I more or less avoided taking sides in the entire thing.

But, I feel guilty, that I should have given her a warning or a heads up or at least told the guy that he wasn't doing the right thing.

They are both friends, but I should have taken a stand. Now things are awkward between everyone and I seem to have lost a new friend and alienated and old one

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You didn't say what happened between them? Did he try to pull some shady sh*t on her?
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

What do YOU have to apologize for? Someone else's behavior?

Same here, it seems like you had nothing to do with it, so don't apoplogise for sth you didn't do, or you will get the blame...
    Wasn't aware, meant for the best, ignorance is no excuse, but neither is insolence - a polite pm would have sufficed

I think mostly that I didn't give someone a warning, that that guy was not reliable.

That not saying anything kinda validated his behaviour and made it easier for him to gain trust.

Now, probably I just don't want to feel like I'm part of a gang of douchebags and maybe this is a kind of selfish apology.

I don't think that it was my responsibility to 'protect' someone, but I guess friends should look out for each other right?