+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I confess? And how? (In a case like this one)

Should I confess? And how? (In a case like this one)

Well the story goes like this... I met a girl who I really like around March last year during a trip with my colleagues (she is one of my colleague's sister). We talked a bit and exchanged contact. But thing is she went to further study abroad immediately a month or so after I met her. I still contact her through FB and skype sometimes.. But due to the long distant I thought I should forget about her and just be her friend but I just couldn't bring myself to do so. My feeling for her seems to just grow stronger as time passes. Even though I know the result may turn out bad because she is so far away and she could get into relationship anytime, I still can't forget about her.

Then just about a week ago, it was an extremely happy news for me. She came back for about two weeks for holiday. I was damn, damn happy and contacted her and then she agreed to meet up. That was the second time I got to meet her face to face. Even so, I couldn't believe that we actually could get along quite well. We talked about almost everything... there were not many pauses or gaps between each and every conversations.. we just kept talking like we were already close friends or something. And yes, she is still single. I had planned to confess at the end of that day... then.. it turned out that I couldn't bring myself to do so... (F***ing useless me).

So after that I couldn't imagine how many times I cursed myself... Why didn't I do it.. It's gotta be the biggest regret in my life.. I threw away the only opportunity I had... and right now the feeling I have for her is too deep already.. all built up from the one year++ period of waiting and that second meetup with her. I tried to ask for a third meetup but she had her own schedules to meet up with other friends already (that's quite expected anyway). So now I had no chances left.

Now this brings me back to where I stood one year and 4 months ago. She's gonna go back to study again soon next week. I won't be seeing her for more than a year again. I was lucky that up until now she is still single. But if I let her go again this time without telling her... for more than a year, I had a feeling there won't be a second chance. She might get into a relationship and be gone forever, without my feeling ever been told.

I seriously don't know what to do anymore. I want to tell her my feelings... in the best possible way... So I wonder what should I do.... Should I...

Take a risk and wait for another year, knowing that she might get a bf anytime?
    Or
    Call her and confess through a phone? Don't really like this choice because I prefer to tell her face to face...
    Or
    Go to find her at airport before she left and confess? Well this one might sound like a good choice but... I'm not sure if this will turn her off. I'm guessing she's gonna be there with her family and all. And just appearing there without telling her will she get angry? I'm not even sure if just appearing and confessing like that is too sudden for her and it might not turn out good...

Please give me advises.. I really appreciate. Thanks.

hmmm...well, if i really liked a guy, than i would drop friends to see him, not saying that she doesn't feel the same way though. Maybe she is waiting for you to say something? Your still holding off telling her because your writing about it..be a man and tell her!! You sound really genuine. Just tell her!! If she doesn't feel the same, at least you know that you tried. Good luck!

and no, you can't wait a year. It's puppy love that your feeling, it passes in time. Things change in a year!

Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    hmmm...well, if i really liked a guy, than i would drop friends to see him, not saying that she doesn't feel the same way though. Maybe she is waiting for you to say something? Your still holding off telling her because your writing about it..be a man and tell her!! You sound really genuine. Just tell her!! If she doesn't feel the same, at least you know that you tried. Good luck!
    Thanks... Well yes I'm actually leaning more towards confessing than not.. and wanting to make sure I get it done correctly... problem is how? Should I really go to the airport? Will that make her feel uncomfortable, I wonder?

Also yes, I noticed that she didn't drop her friends to see me probably because she still thinks of me as a normal friend. So I really wonder again whether the confession will even go well at all. lol.

Don't tell her for it wont stop her from finding a guy to date anyways. You are being selfish to think by tell your feelings she should sacrifice dating anyone else for a LDR with you.....you are a fool. You need to be realistic here....its creepy to express deep feelings for someone you are not even in a relationship with....its obsessive, and it makes girls run the other direction....just to warn you, she will probably turn you down, because its not practical to begin with. Second you've had no physical contact with her....no making out, sex or other wise....all you have done is talk.....talking and getting along is not a green light for a relationship....you haven't even gone out on romantic dates for crying out loud. I may sound harsh but Im trying to knock some damn sense into you so you don't get burned.....you are not thinking clearly, your feelings are clouding any logical thinking you may have.

First off - she was only home for two weeks, and gave you some of that limited, precious time. I would say that there's probably something there.

Second - DON'T tell her you love her. At this point, you don't even know if that's what it is. Tell her you like her, that you REALLY enjoyed spending time with her, and would like to again when she returns. See what she says.

Amy86 made a valid point, if she was into you she would make you her top priority and would want to be with you and not her friends.......you don't have to tell her you like her, she already knows....girls have np picking up on these things. Just because the convo flows doesn't mean its for romantic reasons....if she was heavily flirting with you, touching you all the time, and asking you about what you like in a girl, then it would be a different story.

I have been in this situation many times.... I got along well with a guy, but when I turned him down to go out on a date with him, I got accused of leading him on, and I hated that for I never made any indication I wanted them.......so think over your decision very carefully.