+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Infatuation

Infatuation

I'm sure everyone's heard of stories where a guy meets a girl, and the more they spend time together the more he can't stop thinking of her. It's almost like torture, as thoughts of her don't leave his mind day and night, until he realises that his infatuation can only be relieved by an outpour of emotions in her presence -- whether subtly, or in some instances...like a frantic animal.

It's clear that almost every man goes through that. But how often do girls experience this? Does this happen at all? Cause I've never really heard of a girl being so obsessed, nor approaching her "man of interest" in this way.

Oh it happens for me WAY to much. There was my best male friend in high school, my best male friend in college a few coworkers, a few other male friends. I'd say the tally is to about 14 right now. I usually try not to do the whole outpour thing though because by the time I let it build up to that point it usually comes out sounding crazy and obsessive because it's all this pent up emotion spilling out in one really long sentence. Most of the guys I fall for though it happens like that. At first we're just friends, and slowly I develop a crush on them and the more I get to know them the deeper that crush goes.

The worst is definitely my best friends brother. We grew up together, I've known him for 14 years now longer than any of the other males in my life. We hated each other at first (you know cooties and all), somewhere along the line though we grew from tolerance to friends. Then into those two people whose parents try to convince them they need to be together, but they don't see it. Then suddenly one of us (that being me) starts to get it, and well needless to say I'm head over heels for him. I just don't have the balls to tell him though. I mean it could be good, but say it made things awkward it could make things awkward between my best friend and I too which would suck because she's my roommate, and like my sister. Ya all in all not worth the risk for me I value our friendship too much.

So whats the point of your post? What do you want advice on?

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    So whats the point of your post? What do you want advice on?
    I'm just asking a question out of curiosity. Not really needing advice for myself as much as for understanding a female friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by leg167 View Post
    I'm just asking a question out of curiosity. Not really needing advice for myself as much as for understanding a female friend of mine.
    Well women have urges just like men. Simple really.