+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

Sleep Paralysis

Hello,

I wondered if anyone here has suffered from Sleep paralysis?

I'm twenty and for the past five months now I've been having bouts of sleep paralysis. Mostly in the mornings. The first time it was linked to a dream, but on all the other occasions I've not dreamt or just not remembered.

Sometimes it happens after I've woken up, but still lying in bed, I'm fully awake and conscious but cannot move- I've heard this isn't common for sleep paralysis.

I sleep well, between 6 and 8 hours each night and I'm usually in bed by 11pm the latest yet it still happens?

It's absolutely terrifying and I was wondering if anyone here had suffered from it? Or know of any remedies to help it stop?

I don't know what the cause is, but if anyone can suggest what the cause might be that would be of great help to me.

All advice is welcome,
    thanks K.

Hi. how u doing.
    actually nowadays i have several times about sleep paralysis At that time i couldn't wake up my self also it was like nightmare. i don't know u felt samething with me?.
    So I asked to my friend who is doctor. and he said it's kind of stress and it came from inside of u . so I should just relax my self and need stress out .
    and sometimes if i really feel tired of body. it can be possible when i sleep.
    so. I just can say it's not big problem. just before u sleep try stretching little bit. take warm shower. realx your body. and kind of massage.
    i think these are can help u solve the sleep paralysis.

and do not think a lot about something what u have problem.

cheer up.

I have been getting this sleep paralysis for years. Hasnt happened for a while though now, but it used to happen to me almost every night. Always when i was trying to fall asleep, i would sleep into paralysis and get 'stuck' and then it would usually happen over and over until i eventually fell asleep for the rest of the night. The only thing i can link it to is when you are over tired. You know when you are SO tired, that you literally cannot keep your eyes open? That seems to be the only circumstance i ever get it.
    Maybe try get more sleep?

I know it can be scary, i honestly hate when it happens, and i usually get to the point when im falling to sleep and then i suddenly cannot move, i always get a screeching noise in my ear, see shadows or images around my room or feel like someone is kneeling on my chest. Its awful, but if i make sure i get to bed before the point of being reallly tired i can usually dodge it from happening.
    Whats funny, is my ex used to get the same thing, one night it happened to me and i remember trying to slip down the bed and get him to wake me up. I could hear him saying my name and see his hand reaching for mine. When i finally woke up, he told me he had been doing the same thing and shouting me to wake him up. Haha. Scary stuff, but its all to do with your brain shutting off to go to sleep.
    Google it, and it will explain why it happens.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know much about it, other than it may be related to narcolepsy. You should have a workup done for it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I get them regularly. They don't bother me too much anymore, I'm used to them.