+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making someone jealous out of insecurity?

Making someone jealous out of insecurity?

My ex has just started dating one of my new made "friends" and now all of our friends are split down the middle. Obviously, I was not too happy about it, but I got over it. However when we are out socially, he still does things to make jealous, what's the point? I mean really?

You new made friend is stirring your porridge. Look at it that way.Also "One man's trash is another man's treasure"
    Last edited by rafterman; 07-08-11 at 10:40 PM.

I don't really care that much, it's just so inconvenient

right, it's just more inconvenient than anything

He's probably doing it because he's jealous of you. He's trying to make you feel jealous so that he feels superior.

don't allow it to bother you too much, you can chose not to take notice.

When you no longer appear to be bothered, he'll stop doing it.
    Last edited by sweetest; 07-08-11 at 11:08 PM.

I just think that it is so funny because he was always so angry when with me and pretended to play this game that I made him so miserable and now he is trying to act as if they are both so happy together or that she makes him so happy, yet I still, if you are truly happy with someone, then why bother trying to make someone else jealous, even slightly?

he"s just trying to get a rise out of you. Dont play his silly game. That will anoy him more than anything.

he still does things to make jealous, what's the point? I mean really?
    How do you know he's doing it to "make you jealous?" Perhaps he's just enjoying his new relationship? Do you have examples of what you think is a blatant attempt at getting under you skin?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How do you know he's doing it to "make you jealous?" Perhaps he's just enjoying his new relationship? Do you have examples of what you think is a blatant attempt at getting under you skin?
    Took the words right off my keyboard.

I'm actually guessing that she's interpreting his actions as being about her when they're not.

well walking the long way home, so I could see them and talking loudly so I couldn't ignore them, leaving me out of dinners and stuff...just things like that

he knows that he can get to me, so he does it

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden10 View Post
    well walking the long way home, so I could see them and talking loudly so I couldn't ignore them, leaving me out of dinners and stuff...just things like that
    Maybe he walks the long way home so that he can spend more time with her? Maybe they're talking loudly because they drank too much and they don't realize it how loud they are or, it just seems like it to you that they're talking too loud because you're over-sensitive to their actions. Maybe they're leaving you out of dinners because she feels somewhat threatened by you and her new bf's history?

I seriously think you're reading into any dubious plot to make you feel uncomfortable. Just ignore them and maybe take some time away from being at functions where they'll be until you're really / totally over him and can view what they do with inidifference.

Just some things to think about.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

yea, of course thanks for that

well, we all went out of town a couple of weeks ago and I invited a guy that I was interested in to go out with us, she threw a fit for something that "I supposedly said", which I don't remember, made everyone super uncomfortable, so after that night the guy just said that there was too much drama from the night before. We haven't talked since,. So I am more pissed about that than anything else, date whoever you want but don't ruin my relationships on purpose.

Here's something else to think about: If this guy was someone that was actually interested in a relationship (with you or anyone) then he wouldn't let this chick's drama or your drama bother him. By the sounds of things you dodged a bullet and he hightailed it away before you had a chance to get all crushy on him.

You and your "group" sound awefully young. I suspect when you're older you won't feel the need to associate with people that cause you grief through drama... at least I hope you won't want to anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast