+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, is this an insult?

Ladies, is this an insult?

I've been with my new lady for a couple of months now despite some doubts and fears in the beginning. (See my post here 'Should I stay or go?') Thankfully, I went with my feelings as well as the advice here and stayed. It's been wonderful, ups and downs of course but overall, perhaps the strongest R/S I've ever had.

Question is this.... (It may sound trival, but she's real sensitive and I wouldn't hurt her feelings for the World) She bites her nails badly. Beautiful hands, but almost no nails. Her birthday is around the corner and I was thinking about getting her a gift certificate to a fancy Beverly Hills nail salon for some porcelins (spl?) Would that be an insult?

I'm thinking that if I were going bald (Thankfully I'm not) and was given a gift certificate to the 'Hair Club For Men' or whatever, I would be hurt.

Opinions please.

in a house in the uk,newcastle(north east) to be exact
    I wouldnt so much say it was an insult,but she may get the idea that you dont like her for the person she is and are trying to change her.How does she feel about her nails?if she comments on how awful they look,maybe its a good idea,talk to her about it.Or maybe instead of getting her a present that is just for her nails get her a pamper day where she gets her hair and nails done so that it isnt just focusing on her nails .If it isnt too much money of course lol.
    SARAH
    Everything happens for a reason ,it's just up to us to find the reason

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah...why don't you get her something you know she wants? Rather than what you want for her?

Nail-biting doesnt look too attractive i admit, but i still do it. Im not sure why, ive tried to stop, and sometimes i can go for weeks without doing it but if i start stressing or worrying and have nothing to occupy my head or calm me down il do it again.

I personally wouldnt find this an insult, as i have had fake nails a few times, but it really depends on her attitute towards her nail-biting. Does she say she wants to stop or made any attempt to? Or does she just seem happy with it?

If you want to get her something pampering to make her feel worth while just book her a day or afternoon at a spa (if you can afford it) and she can chose her own treatments and then may well feel like doing the nail thing on her own. Or if you cant afford this (as spa days are quite expensive) then get her some vouchers for a beauty place where again she can chose her treatments. She may prefer a nice facial or massage instead xx
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

i don't know i wouldn't mind a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure (noticed i added the pedicure in there too.) (i'm sure she doesn't bite her toenails). but it can help with her nail biting thing. does she like manicures? i wouldn't be insulted, i would actually be pretty pleased.