+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gynecomastia or just fat?

Gynecomastia or just fat?

I've attached a few pictures, just to give a better idea (which I hope isn't inappropriate, considering I'm a guy), but I've kind of had the whole "man boobs" thing going on for, well, all my life, really, and I'd really like to get rid of them. Thing is, I'm not really overweight (granted, I'm a little chubby, but I'm okay with that). At most, I could maybe stand to lose 10-15 pounds, but I've been 10-15 pounds lighter in the past, and I still had the "man boobs" thing going.

I've kind of taken notice of some other huskier guys I've seen in passing, and maybe it's just my imagination, but mine seem a bit... I dunno, "pointier" or bigger, or something? So, it bugs me, and I'd really like to get rid of them.

I'd prefer not to go the surgery route, if only because I can't afford it (I'm a full time college student, with a part time job making about minimum wage); I've seen it estimated at $5000-7000, and that's WAY more than I can afford. I don't even have that much money in my bank account. @_@
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Without a full body shot to put it in perspective it definitely looks to me like you have a case of gyne going on. From what i've read surgery is the only option really to remove it. Losing weight will help but cannot eliminate it.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Not sure what exactly you mean by "full body", but here are some more pics that are a bit more zoomed out. Like I said, I know I have a bit of a belly, but that I'm okay with, heh.

[url=http://www.dropmocks.com/mYhNs]DropMocks[/url]

I don't think that is just fat....
    how old are you?
    Last edited by MaidenMinx; 10-08-11 at 08:41 PM.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I'm 22, almost 23.

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    Fat/Obesity causes gynecomastia . That is Unless you take some estrogen. learned from nursing school

Dude fight your way out of fat. As in sign up in MMA class/Kickboxing Classes/BJJ Class.

Once you fight your way out. Then test your fighting skills. via sparring.

in your case u have gynecomastia related to obesity. not related to hormonal estrogen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

Eh... Not to argue with you or anything, but I don't really think I'm "obese". Right now, I'm only about 140 pounds. Over the last few years, I basically hover around 130-150, depending on certain things. Like I said, too, having kinda observed other guys that are much heavier and huskier than I am, even they don't seem as puffy or "pointy" in the chest, like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by NytNrs&Mmartist View Post
    Fat/Obesity causes gynecomastia . That is Unless you take some estrogen. learned from nursing school

Dude fight your way out of fat. As in sign up in MMA class/Kickboxing Classes/BJJ Class.

Once you fight your way out. Then test your fighting skills. via sparring.

in your case u have gynecomastia related to obesity. not related to hormonal estrogen.
    Not a bad response, but I'd recommend easier to do workouts, pick up running, sign up with a group trainer at your gym, easier to do than getting into fighting. Also, it looks like you might be a bit "huskier" than you say, looks like you could lose a bit more than 10-15. But that said, I think gyne is present there.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

140 lbs whats your height?

did you smoke marijuana? because marijuana has a side effect that can cause gynecomastia . [I am looking at the NCLEX textbook]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training

No amount of exercise will rid you of gyne (that's not an excuse to not do any though!)
    By the way, diet is 95% if not more to losing weight, you can run a marathon a day and not shift fat if you don't control your calorie intake.

Sort the diet out, get exercising, get saving money for the operation!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Quote Originally Posted by NytNrs&Mmartist View Post
    140 lbs whats your height?

did you smoke marijuana? because marijuana has a side effect that can cause gynecomastia . [I am looking at the NCLEX textbook]
    Well, I'm pretty short, shorter than whatever the average is (I think the average is like 5'6" or something? I'm probably a few inches shorter than that). Not a smoker, don't do much drinking at all, no drugs or anything like that. I may not specifically work out much, or make a point to be a super healthy eater, but at the same time, I'm definitely not a complete couch potato that eats nothing but junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    No amount of exercise will rid you of gyne (that's not an excuse to not do any though!)
    By the way, diet is 95% if not more to losing weight, you can run a marathon a day and not shift fat if you don't control your calorie intake.

Sort the diet out, get exercising, get saving money for the operation!
    Absolutely, as someone who was quite overweight for a while, and now does run marathons. You can lose more weight dieting for a month and doing no exercise than you could training 6 days a week and following it up with a bigmac afterwards.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

drop to 120? its not impossible but not probable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training

Looks like a classic case of gynecomastia. Losing weight will make some difference, but won't rectify it; essentially there is an excess of 'breast' tissue, and that would have to be removed. In some teenagers it disappears into adulthood, but in most men, it's something that won't disappear on its own.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

hmmm well it's certainly not an age based thing then for you (I was reading up on it and apparently some guys get it in their teens and then grow out of it. I was also surprised to read that too much testosterone can cause it... I would have assumed it was an increase in oestrogen)

I don't think it's a weight issue for you. Sure you could tone up, but I think you will still have the 'points'.

Do start saving. Also look into health plans that might subsidise the surgery.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast