+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Relationship" advice.

"Relationship" advice.

As a kid my parents always insisted how arranged marriage is the only proper way to get married as it's the only way to find a loving relationship: and from a young age they had set an arranged marriage up, which up till nowish I've for the most part thought to be true. During High school i had my fun and then got married.. thing is I like the guy but not love.. I don't feel ready to settled down or have kids, I still want some casual hook ups, other relationships and etc.. but going behind his back would be horrible.. and if we broke up my parents would disown me, what do I do?

You live in Canada, look white. . .What is your background? Is the arranged marriage for religious reasons?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I believe my parents were in an arranged marriage and well it worked out great for them (They've never mentioned what my grandparents religion is, in fact they've always dodged the question.) It is/was one of the core morals/beliefs that was engrained on me.

me too what a shitty situation to be in huh?

How old are you and your I'm assuming now husband? Did you ever get to meet before the wedding?
    ... I think I'm confused, but I think that comes down to the fact that an arranged marriage is a rather alien idea to me.

Have you considered talking to your husband? He might be feeling just like you are.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Jen View Post
    I believe my parents were in an arranged marriage and well it worked out great for them (They've never mentioned what my grandparents religion is, in fact they've always dodged the question.) It is/was one of the core morals/beliefs that was engrained on me.
    Are you an earthling?
    What is your religion?
    How old are you?
    How do you spell T.R.O.L.L?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion