+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really ****ed off right now ...

Really ****ed off right now ...

It's my Birthday today.

Happy Birthday to me.

Now, I last saw my 'girlfriend' on Saturday. We were planning on spending the day together today, and I booked the day off work especially.

The thing is, we haven't spoken since. We have texted, as due to her work shifts we mostly haven't been awake at the same times, if that makes sense. Now, since Tuesday however, she has had ample opportunity to get in touch, but she hasn't.

I tried calling her a couple of times, and have left two messages. The last time I tried was on Wednesday.

So far I still haven't heard from her. I know she is also off work today, and was off work on Wednesday.

Now, if she isn't interested in going any further, then she should have said so, instead of mess me about and ruin my birthday.

The fact is, even if she does get in touch, unless there is a very good excuse, it is over. It's coming up to midday here and I am simply just too disappointed.

Considering what a crazy week this has been in London, I have been pretty worried since Tuesday, and with good reason. Now, if she is ignoring me, then that is pretty low, on many levels, one because I have legitimate reasons to be worried, two because my messages have gone ignored all week, and three because it's my birthday and she clearly has no interest in the fact that she has knowingly ruined my day.

For those of you who don't know, we have been dating for just over a month. Not long, but long enough to show the other person enough respect to at least tell them things aren't working for them.

Despite some initial reservations on my side things had been going really well, and last week was great.

And now from nowhere, this.

Really not happy, and am gonna have a shit day.

Everyone else is either at work or on holiday.

It's raining, I'm miserable and sat here in front on a computer ... oh, and I'm being ignored and therefore dumped by default as far as I'm concerned, on my birthday.

Fantastic.

Rant over.
    Last edited by maxmax; 12-08-11 at 06:39 PM. Reason: word omitted
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

That sucks maxmax *pisces raises her glass to cheers happy birthday*

Do you think there may be a genuine reason for her silence? It seems a bit out of character after a month of seeing each other. Like, complete silence.. weird
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

It does suck.

And it is out of character. Either that, or just plain cowardly and mean.

I would really hope that is not the case, and there 'may' be a genuine reason; but in most circusmtances that is just wishful thinking.

I feel sick to the stomach right now as I've been both worried and hurt by this.

Dude! That is really sucky! *hugs*

I hope she has a genuine reason for you. I also hope you can salvage something of your birthday.

Happy birthday for what it's worth.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

That stinks Max.

I'd like to be hopeful for you, however experience tells me silence means the person is pulling away for whatever reason. Sorry wish I could say something different. *hugs*

Chin up! Enjoy some pizza and ice cream and watch a mindless flick. Happy Birthday.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

That really does suck Max!

I hope that you hear from her & she has a good explanation.

Anyway...for what it's worth Happy Birthday!

Aww, that sucks, dude.

If you were in a TV show, there would be a surprise party waiting for you when you least expect it. Unfortunately, this is real life
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Awe. This sucks

On your birthday too, now that is mean. I hope she comes up with a genuine explanation.. If she doesnt.. f*ck her.
    There's something about been 'dumped' on your birthday that makes it all that bit more painful and sucky. Just be sure to make some fun plans and get out of the house!!

Happy Birthday And try to have a better day!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Hey Max,

I'm sorry about your gf sit and I hope you would go out there (despite the rain) and have fun with your friends, I know sometimes we just want to drown our self with sorrow, but over a month relationship and the fact that she didn't even contact you says a lot. Just go out there and have fun! Happy birthday!

Geez Max, sorry to hear that.

Hope nothing's happened to her in the riots.

Happy Birthday anyway.

Least we all care and wish you a happy birthday,so enjoy what you can.Really believes humans should act more like animals at least they are more true to their nature.*hugs*
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to maxmax. Happy Birthday to you.

Silence is not a good thing, but don't jump to conclusions. It has been a crazy week in London. Maybe her phone was stolen or she lost it. There might be a good reason for not getting back in touch with you, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad happened to her.

If she is pulling away from you, that does suck, but don't let any one person ruin any day for you.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Happy Birthday Max!?!

P.S. for all you know her head might've been blown off by one of those bombs in the streets. or she might've stepped on a land mine burried in the streets of London and now is without legs and is just embarrassed to call you assuming that you won't take her back legless. or maybe she was raped by a gang of arabs and is now sewing her vagina in a hospital.

in other words, quit being selfish and start feeling sorry for her, you ass!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I know, I know.

I am indeed selfish ... worrying since the start of the week is just really mean of me :-(

And I did order Pizza and Ice Cream.

Pizza came an hour late, was cold, was missing toppings, and tasted like crap.

They delivered the wrong ice cream, it had ice cystals in it, and also tasted like crap.

Altogether a thoroughly miserable day so far :-(

Thanks to all for the wishes anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post

Happy Birthday Max!?!

P.S. for all you know her head might've been blown off by one of those bombs in the streets. or she might've stepped on a land mine burried in the streets of London and now is without legs and is just embarrassed to call you assuming that you won't take her back legless. or maybe she was raped by a gang of arabs and is now sewing her vagina in a hospital.

in other words, quit being selfish and start feeling sorry for her, you ass!
    In a city of ~8,000,000 the chances that she's been one of the ones hurt in the riots are slim. Possible, but slim. I don't think he's being selfish to be upset that she's not bothered to contact him on his birthday, particularly if they both have the day off.

Of course, if it DOES turn out that she's been injured, that really sucks and I'm sure he'll feel the same way.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast