+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going No Contact with an ex.. How will this help?

Going No Contact with an ex.. How will this help?

If I go No Contact with my ex, will this help me get him back or make him be the one to initiate contact?

NC is simply to be able to get over someone, not to manipulate them into contacting you.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

it depends on the guy really...i'd say it could initiate contact yeah. if he still likes you and thinks your doing fine without him, he'll want to call. but you say "will this help me get him back*..men don't catch signals very well! if you miss him, it's probably best to just put it out there.

By having no contact with your ex is like quitting smoking in one day- therefore it could end up highly effective, or you'll survive 3 days of worrying and thinking about you ex and soon go back talking to him.

And come on, by not speaking to him he's going to think you are deffinatley not interested. He's a guy and you have to spell e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g o-u-t in order for them to understand anything. guys prefer it when girls tell them straight rather than try and hint and play 'hard to get'

My advice- just tell him the truth and how you feel

No contact is definetly the way to go if you want to be totally over with him.
    I just did the same with my girlfriend and it really does work. And no contact also means no memory-inducing objects such as pictures, clothes, gifts etc etc.
    Good luck!

No Contact is for you to get over your ex and move on with your life. You sound like you want your ex back. Your ex will contact you only if he still wants you. If he no longer has feelings for you, he's gonna be very happy with your NC. He'll be like 'thank God! She's out of my life completely, and I'm free!'

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did NC with my first bf (many years ago) thinking it would make him miss me and we would get back together. I broke down and called him three months later and he'd started dating someone new a month after we broke up.

Basically, NC will help you get rid of them. If that's not what you want, you'll have to talk to them and tell them how you feel.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi