+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Text's IM and love

Text's IM and love

Just a rant really
    For those who have read my thread on cybering,will know i was really messed up a few days ago after my BF was fount out cybering with another woman whilst i was in the room he told her personal details about my health etc and proceeded to cyber with her ingame and msn.The thing is the woman he cybered as got in touch with me trying to explain her actions and telling me how little my ex meant to her it was just good fun for her and didnt think he was serious this really p*ssed me off because she had ruined something along with him that was good for a long time.
    I read their msn transcript and saw how she wrote to him and he to her.
    The thing is it read like two people falling for each other and she says "i wanted my guild leader and M was just there to occupy her time.
    Well my point is how many of us actually transmit our emotions to a bunch of letters on the screen written by someone else
    how is it that some of us read between the lines and see other ways these words could be taken and not just how we hope they are taken.
    Its not hard for some moron to facepalm a keyboard and write a load of cr*p with the intention of keeping someone else interested in them i always questioned what my ex said just so i wouldnt fall into the bog im in now

are pc's,texts etc all we need to feel love or a possible dumping,dont we need to see expressions body language and hear that voice to give us an idea on how they are actually feeling?
    Are we really that disassociated from reality with these electronics that a bunch of letters can tell us so much ?
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Well, you said that you fell in love with him in that manner so I guess you and so many that I've read about in here THINK that words mean love. That is the biggest problem I can see in most of the young folks posts... That they listen to words far too much and don't pay attention to actions. There are no actions in MSN or game chatting.. only words. The world is ****ed up. How many people on dating sites fall in love through chat and emails, thinking they know someone more than they actually do and so they quickly jump into a sexual relationship with a vitural stranger only to find out later he/she is a player/liar/married man/woman or these strangers that they finally meet are so screwed up that they're own emotional life is ruined for a good length of time trying to get over the dupe?

*Gamers are addicted as sure as drug abusers and alcoholics are to their addiction of choice. Cybering IMO is obviously just as addictive to those who spend most of their young lives online.

It doesn't fking matter what your exes(?) cyber partner feels for your ex. You don't give a shit, I'm sure. The fact is, YOU two fell in love (or so you think) through that medium so HE betrayed you if he was doing it without your direct consent.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-08-11 at 12:25 AM. Reason: to add*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thats just it honey i fell in the same trap and now i see it we did talk a lot on skype but blah i was a fool and thought i could read between the lines and even though i did and tried to escape him a few times he became my addiction for i believed that i no longer needed my walls of protection from him, it was just a rant thou for others to think about it and hopefully not get in this predicament,I did fall in love with him he became my everything and now he can have a good laugh if he wants to i really dont care anymore i turn the pc on for my courses and for LF.Other than that the pc is back where it should always have been a tool for knowledge, im not interested in any romances at all if it happens it happens but i wont be looking and if i dont see then im not missing anything. I just hope someone else learns from my mistakes.If internet romances work well for others then treasure that love.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp