+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trip abroad together after the break up

trip abroad together after the break up

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend for 4 years have decided to break up a few days ago, just before our trip abroad in a two weeks. This decision is very hard and not final yet, we just need time to ourselves to think about our relationship and see if it's a good idea to continue with it...I have to mention that we're really the best friends and we always have best time together, and the decision to break up is coming because we not get along in our daily routine, we have different views about how the relationship should look like and what should we give to each other as partners.

Should I still go with him for this trip? Any advices?

Thanks!

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If you have different views on what a relationship should be like, and don't get along in daily routine then I bet the eventual decision will be a full break up. Which is seemingly also the only smart decision. Better do it before you get into a huge fight which also messes up the friendship you might have left.

I don't think a trip with someone you're on a break with is a smart idea.
    Vacation is different from regular life. You might get along there but be disappointed when continuing your actual life. And if you want room to think you need to give each other that room.

I agree that the trip might not be the best idea right now. It could either get you two back together falsely by mistaking the fun of the vacation as fun being with each other. Or, which is more likely I think, it could be very awkward and make the trip miserable for both of you.

I say only go on the trip if you are with a group of friends (not just each other) and you can relax without any discussion of your relationship status.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!