+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend loves me but has feelings for her coworker, we are on a break.

lna is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

My girlfriend loves me but has feelings for her coworker, we are on a break.

So here's what happened.. I'd like for you guys to give me an advice.. I've been with my girlfriend for almost two years, we both young, i'm 21 she's 18..She's my first, so i'm hers.. we love each other so much and she has proven it to me in so many spots.. Bad things happening.. I ran into my girlfriend last night she was out with her family.. and it was unavoidable not to talk to her after all that has happened..We didn't solve anything at all last night by the way, it calmed me though cause somewhat i understood a little bit of where she's at right now.. I didn't really see this coming although i had my thoughts and insecurities on her feelings for this guy, i was kind of smelling something.. she was too much into her job..but the strong trust between each other we have built in these almost two years had gotten me overlook it a little bit or i should i say.. not being paranoiac about it, i asked about him once.. cause you know we all have thoughts and insecurities and she kept saying that he was just a good friend she could talk to. . so basically here's what happened, after work, on saturday they sat on a bench, she fell asleep in his arms and they made out.. she sent me a usual message goodnight, i would've never thought anything, especially for the fact that we haven't argued in a long time and we had such a good time together the night before when we went out, overall, before this happened we were so happy together it was one of the best periods of our two years relationship and you could feel we were happy.. So yea the night passed and when i woke up sunday morning i switch on the phone and she left me a message saying "love call me".. So i call her and she tells me everything..She bursted out crying on the phone.. but she kept saying i don't know why i did it i don't know.. then she said "I want to be sincere with you, i have feelings for this guy"... Lots of silent followed that, i didn't know what to say and i felt like crap, i didn't see that coming.. She said i need time to figure this out.. then she got called from her parents that it was ready to eat we said bye and silence followed... until we saw each other last night.. i saw her with her family and i turned back immediately cause i was too upset to come up straight and talk to her so i waited to cool off a little bit and i started looking around to find her.. I find her.. I take her aside from her family and last night and we talked.. I go.. "You know it's one of those situations where the only person who can figure this out it's you, only you, i'm not mad at you, i still love you. Because we all humans and as humans we can all make mistakes, I can forgive and forget what happened for once, but what i do want to know is wether you still want to stick with me or go further with him.. you only can figure out wether what you are feeling for this guy is just a crush or more than that. And it should be clear wether you love me or not"... She said.. I'll do a summary of it.. "I don't know why it happened, i see in did it i just saw you in him, i saw the more affectionate person you were past year, but i still love you, i can i stop loving you and i don't want to go further with him, i missed you, i even mispelled his name and said yours, i cried in front of him and i don't want to lose you. I'm so confused right now.." We hugged and at end before you guys left we decided for her to stick with this break and think this thru.. She was smiling at me, almost as if she wanted to reassure me.. We haven't talked since last night as we are on this break. I hate breaks but SHE can only figure this out, and my absence from her will make her realize what is that she really wants. There's going to be a big party at the beach tonight, she's going with her friends i'm going with mine, i wonder if she's gonna want to see me..As of now i'm going to respect this break she asked for, if she really loves me, she'll come back..Am i doing the right thing.. How should i act during this brake. Thank you guys. THANK YOU. Please post your advice.

i honeslty do what ever and go find someone else to hang with. loves you and has feelings for him. thats ****ed up dude. also shes 18 and this is typical i saw him now i like him crap.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    i honeslty do what ever and go find someone else to hang with. loves you and has feelings for him. thats ****ed up dude. also shes 18 and this is typical i saw him now i like him crap.
    She needs to grow up that's for sure.. if she wants to stay with me trust will take years to build back..i don't know wether thinking that she's too young or that she disrespected me and that's it.

News Flash! She doesn't love you. She Doesnt know what love is. You give this bitch the time of day again and I'll personally show up at the beach party and kick sand in your face!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    News Flash! She doesn't love you. She Doesnt know what love is. You give this bitch the time of day again and I'll personally show up at the beach party and kick sand in your face!!
    I should break up with her man?

if your on a break your prob already broken up just nothing was super offical...id just do whatever. either see other girls or just take the time out fory ourself and let life happen for you.

Users Country Flag
    if your on a break your prob already broken up just nothing was super offical...id just do whatever. either see other girls or just take the time out fory ourself and let life happen for you.
    Yeah i thought about that.. I'm thinking that she doesn't have the guts to leave me and be the one whose fault is..

its prob a combination of that and she still cares for you but she doesnt know what she wants, shes prob afraid to commit and its scaring her honestly. i say give her her space, focus on your and if ya get into a sticky situation with some cute girl.....go for it. if she really wants you she will come back, bur i wouldnt bug her.

Users Country Flag
    its prob a combination of that and she still cares for you but she doesnt know what she wants, shes prob afraid to commit and its scaring her honestly. i say give her her space, focus on your and if ya get into a sticky situation with some cute girl.....go for it. if she really wants you she will come back, bur i wouldnt bug her.
    Exactly man this is the way i see it. If she doesn't part ways with me and lose me she'll realize it.. eventually i'll have to make her miss me.. and if she truly loves me she'll come back asking for forgivement.. if not.. it means it wasn't worth it and that i have to move on with my life

Surfhb is right. Your gf doesn't seem to know the difference between love and "OMG! He's so hot/cute. I think I love him!"
    She does seem to care about you though, and probably doesn't want to lose you. But I think she also wants to check out other dudes. Now that's not what you want, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lna View Post
    Because we all humans and as humans we can all make mistakes, I can forgive and forget what happened for once
    This is why they say nice guys finish last. Dude, she wasn't drugged or anything. She knew what she was doing! By saying you can forgive and forget her kissing another dude, you're telling her that you'll still accept her even if she'd fook another guy. Don't let her or any girl you wanna be with disrespect you like that. You should not be ok with her kissing another guy.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1111983 View Post
    This is why they say nice guys finish last. Dude, she wasn't drugged or anything. She knew what she was doing! By saying you can forgive and forget her kissing another dude, you're telling her that you'll still accept her even if she'd fook another guy. Don't let her or any girl you wanna be with disrespect you like that. You should not be ok with her kissing another guy.
    That's true man... This is stuff i have to think about during this break..

To me, this "break" seems more like a breakup. If she decides she wants to be with you again, do you really want that. Plus, you don't want to turn into one of those guys that makes her "prove" that she loves you and stuff. And that would be a common temptation to do if she comes back to you.

She is young. You are young. Personally, I think this situation should be a learning experience and move on.

I agree that you should do things for you and start opening yourself up to other romantic possibilities.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!