+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I stay away?

Should I stay away?

I was involved w/a man who was extremely possessive and jealous which we all have a slight edge of both in us, his has cause him to be physically violent w/me because men would approach me or look at me. For 2years of being w/him, I never received a gift or a card from him, yet I payed his bills, sheltered him and his kids. His x-wife has taken him to court so many times for money that he finally ot a job 5months ago. Prior to that, I was providing for him. Yes I was dumb, but I don't understand why he treated me w/no respect or appreciation. He had pics of woman on his phone. Slept w/his phone in his pocket. Moved back in w/x-wife for a few weeks which he supposedly hated her and wanted her dead, but I kicked him out at the time and he went to her. After he did that, I really was never able to get over his decision and felt he is a man that has no conscious, heart, really, not even a man. Every time we get into an argument, he leaves for days w/o calling or texting. Is he the insecure one trying to make me insecure? Should I let him go this time, cuz I haven't heard from him in a week. Every single person in my life including my son tells me I deserve so much better....he really treats me like a nothing...everything is about him...every conversation is about him...should I keep going and never look back? I truly feel he is thee worst man I've ever been w/in my life, yet he tells me he loves me...any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Who gives a shit if he loves you when he is
    thee worst man I've ever been w/in my life
    ?

Let him stay gone and don't look back to see where he may be because like your son says, You deserve a man that can look after his own self without having to sponge off of you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You litterally did not say a single nice thing in that post about him. From the post it seems hard for me to believe that you made it this far with him. Obviously you are conflicted about this decision or you wouldn't be posting here, but deep down you know that this relationship is no good for you or your son.

Loving somebody is great, but being loved is the most amazing thing in the world. Don't stay in an unhealthy relationship because you like being loved. You know that leaving is the right thing to do.

I was in an abusive relationship when i was a teenager. I was young and didn't know better...you are an adult with a child...you should know better, shame on you. Shut off that over flow of Dopamine in your head because this is the most unhealthy s hit you could ever experience. Grab some self worth will ya. You can't fix this a sshole.
    Last edited by smackie9; 18-08-11 at 10:14 PM.

Stick a bear trap by the front door, grab a book and go to bed and forget about him oh and maybe wear some ear plugs

Attraction is a tough thing to get away from. If you really want him out of your life, you need to completely cut off contact. And that means trashing any memorabilia, phone numbers, email address etc. Good luck