+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this rude of my boyfriend?

Is this rude of my boyfriend?

my boyfriend and i have been dating for 3 months...both 18...he says he loves me and is crazy about me.
    now that the background info is out of the way lol, im leaving to college 3 hours away on Wednesday....and he's acting like it doesnt matter i guess? o_O
    llike i want to hang out with him everyday and stuff (i didnt tell him that bec i thought it would be a natural thing to want to do) but he doesn't ask to see me...we've gone on dates but i always had to ask, "hey what are you doing on this day?"...he used to ask me first....
    well anyway, i asked yesterday what his schedule looked like and he said he was freee and blahhh.
    and we plan to meet on saturday for a picnic and he's said yessss with a smiley face lol.

well anyway, he goes on facebook and writes on another girls wall and says "volleyball?"...and then she says yea im free friday and tuues. and then he says "ughh..... friday no good, next tues ,maybe".
    i just think iit was so rude the way he ughed friday as if it's a task to seee me!
    and whats making me even madder is that tues is the day before i leave him and i wanted to spend the day/night with him
    and on top of that!!! im a varsity volleyball player! why doesnt he ever ask me to play when i constantly make comments that i feel like playing??

i already asked him if he wants to make the relationship work despite our distance and he said yea and that he really wants to visit me....

also, when he hasnt spoken to me for long periods of time be/c he's runs and works!! i dont mind it but its like, hellloooo i exist tooo. i just feel kind of hurt :/

and the last time we saw each other was last friday...we roamed the streets of LA and it was nice...i guess. but i notice when we sit and eat, he doesnt like look at me and make conversation. he's so weird!!! i have make dumb jokes to break the ice like "this meat sure is hard"

he says he loves me and does things like pays for everything that let me knows he must care and stufff....but like o_O?

He wasnt talking to you so No, it wasnt rude.

Once you go to school your going to meet other guys so dont put to much energy into this relationship. It certainly doesnt sound like he is.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    3 months is not that long to be dating before moving apart from each other.

Its not rude of him to make other plans that dont involve you, its not like he has cancelled on you to go play volleyball. From what you have said it does appear that you are more into him than he is you, things arent going to improve with 3 hours between you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I seriously doubt this will work out. You and him seem on completely different levels. And the distance certainly won't improve things.
    So, I have to agree with surf, don't put too much energy into this relationship and don't be surprised if it fails.

I just hate that he says he loves me and that he's going to feel so sad when I go away.
    He always had a weird way of showing his feelings...before we went out and he admitted that he liked me, i thought he freaking hated me be/c he got so quiet and like weird around me.
    thats weirdness hasnt quite stopped

You're making assumptions about how me mean the "ugh". It wasn't rude.

^yea i am making assumptions...i dont mean to but how else am i supposed to read that?

tremolo Guest
    Ugh, he sounds a lot like a guy I dated back in college. He was my first real crush - and my first sexual partner - and a totally oblivious, unthinking boy. I met him about six weeks before I was to graduate and move away for grad school. I was a basketcase as graduation approached, wanting to spend as much time with him as possible. He was frequently unavailable/apathetic about all of that - too busy with his band to spend any real time with me, until two days before I left when he suddenly got clingy. Despite telling me that night how much he would miss me, and how he wanted us to visit each other, the relationship basically ended the moment I left his house that night. I sat on pins and needles for weeks waiting for some word from him that I should visit, and when that time came, I immediately bought a ticket back to Santa Barbara - only to find out two weeks after I wrote him about it that he'd left SB and moved to San Francisco to join some other band.

Your boyfriend is perhaps more emotionally attached and considerate than the person I'm describing - however, he doesn't seem to be as into this whole relationship as you are. That may be because he's checking out mentally, or perhaps he was never as invested as you. I think, though, that I would start to put some distance there if I were you - or you may be headed for a very painful experience, as I was.

I do think what he said was rude, and I wouldn't be very happy about it either. Try to look forward to college... you'll meet some great guys there who will undoubtedly be more mature.
    Last edited by tremolo; 19-08-11 at 01:11 AM.

Wow thanks...that sounds like him. I do need to put on my big girl panties and move on .... it's just so hard. too many changes happening at once