+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't sleep ...

Can't sleep ...

This is getting silly now.

Working from home has its advantages, but not when your routine and body clock goes out the window.

I guess all that coffee on an empty stomach also didn't help :-l
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Then look into a herbal sleep remedy to help you get back into a sleep pattern, are you stressed over anything then try to address it where possible if not talk to your friends on here, cut the coffee down and try camomile tea last thing at night. I put my ex on Nytol to help him get a sleep pattern back afte he was riddled with guilty concious (mm?) over his cyber affair now he sleeps better then either of us lol
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

I've tried herbal stuff and teas but they don't work for me. The sleep aids only make me sleep deeper but it still takes me a very long time to fall asleep and afterwards it's hell getting up in the morning. Doctor said that if it keeps up he could give me some heavier stuff but I don't want to take it.

Maybe they do work for you, or you could try forcing yourself to get up in the morning for a couple days and then you might change your sleep pattern.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Cut down on the coffee...? You can try to get your body clock back on schedule by having a light on a timer set to 7am. You may get a few nights of little sleep but your body clock should naturally readjust. As for herbal teas, you can try valerian, hops and chamomile. When I was suffering from insomnia I was taking Kalms, which helped. In fact it was the only way I could sleep after my partner passed away.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Thanks all.

My body clock has just been totally out of sync. I don't have anything in particular on my mind, and after a long day today I'm pretty sure I'll sleep like a baby, fingers crossed.

Definitely need my routine back and will keep less distractions by my bed to tempt me away from 'trying' to sleep i.e. iPhone/iPad, TV, Stereo ...

I need a bedroom that 'induces' sleepiness ... z z z

I haven't gone to the gym this week either, and that always helps.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Melatonin should help you sleep.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, melatonin works, i took some of my sons and its awesome.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Have a wank?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Get more exposure to sunlight during the day. Particularly the morning to early afternoon. Go for a walk or 2 during the day. Sunlight causes the brain to make serotonin which makes you more awake and motivated. Lack of sunlight triggers the body to turn that serotonin in to melatonin for sleep. A little sunlight will work far better than melatonin pills and windows often block too many useful light rays to trigger the brain properly. Plus the dosage they give for melatonin is a joke. It's been tested to 75mg and used up to 45mg regularly for some sleep disorders. I take 15-30mg a night but the bottles are only .3-5mg. Valerian root is much stronger than melatonin and it's the counter to caffiene. It works on the same receptor as caffiene but does the opposite so it can fix your excess coffee usage to an extent and helps you fall asleep better than melatonin. Some people do have a hang over effect from it though if it works too well on them. With my sleeping problems I take 600-800mg of valerian root and it's about as useful as the basic sleep aids like ambien and lunesta without the tolerance.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Carb loading always makes me sleepy.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Carb loading always makes me sleepy.
    ^ ^ ^
    I second this. If I've had a stressful day I will usually have pasta or a potato for supper. Having a banana for pudding helps because of the tryptophan (a precursor to serotonin).
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu