+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health Kick

is kfc really chicken?

I do not diet. Dieting at best is a waste of time. I made a life change three years ago, instead. I don't buy "food" in a can or box. Everything I can possibly make from scratch, I do. This has allowed me to cut out nearly all sugar, and quite a bit of sodium from my diet. I eat very small amounts of processed sugar occasionally, but as a rule avoid it. I drink water, coffee and beer mostly, though quite a bit less beer now than I used to. I also avoid fruit juice, as fructose is just as bad for you as sucrose is, and without fiber it's really bad for you.

We eat a lot of veggies, plenty of complex carbohydrates (pasta, rice and potatoes, mostly) and a little bit of meat. Once in a while my wife will look in the freezer and announce that it's broken... because there's no ice cream in it. On those occasion I do what any wise man would do, and go to the store for ice cream.

If you've GOTTA have soda, drink club soda. I like mine with a squeeze of lime in it over ice.

Oh yeah, screw worrying about fat. Since the U.S.D.A. issued it's guideline exhorting us to eat less fat, our incidence of heart disease has trended upwards. True story.

All in all, I think the biggest thing I did for my weight-loss besides the bike riding, was cutting sugar out. Did you know that sucrose and fructose inhibit the [URL="http://www.thehealthylivingsite.com/the-chain-reaction-of-leptin-to-thyroid-to-weight-regulation/"]Leptin reaction[/URL], which tells our brains that we're full? Yep, eating sugar causes you to eat more. DON'T wash down that happy meal with a coke.

As of tomorrow, for three weeks (before l go on holiday) l will:

* Cut out ALL junk food
    * Make veg smoothies daily, fruit smoothies every other day
    * Only drink water, with lemon, or on its own, green tea, and peppermint tea
    * Go to bed by 11pm

I've done this a number or times before, and l always feel better for it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raj1974 View Post
    is kfc really chicken?
    Tastes like it...

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Tastes like it...
    No.

It's Klux Fried Crow.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    No.

It's Klux Fried Crow.
    Of course it tastes like chicken. EVERYTHING tastes like chicken.

I find it odd that people have trouble eating healthy, since I eat healthy without even trying to. In a 'no junk food, no greasy shit, plenty of veggies and generally good mix' kind of way, not a 'nepalese vegan salads' kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    I find it odd that people have trouble eating healthy, since I eat healthy without even trying to. In a 'no junk food, no greasy shit, plenty of veggies and generally good mix' kind of way, not a 'nepalese vegan salads' kind of way.
    I'll eat healthy if my fridge is full with healthy stuff - I just need to take the time to shop and cook, I actually enjoy it and don't force myself to eat certain things for the sake of it. One of my problems with food is impulsive/emotional eating. If I'm really hungry I won't give a damn about what I'm having and if I've got no food home I'll go and buy the first thing I can lay my hands on or get fast food mainly because of the fast part. I do have cravings for 'bad' food sometimes but I'll just have some and move on since it's not an everyday thing.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

or to eat healthy

HEALTH IS WEALTH,so it is important to eat healthy which unfortunately you don't.Diet direct link to our health,weight,sleep,fat.
    richy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12