+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trouble with relationships

Trouble with relationships

I come from a small family that comprises of my mom (whom I don't ever really see), my half-brother, my 3 sisters, my great-aunt (who's in my life), my aunt, and my grandma. I mention them because they have the same problem I have to a lesser extent. I'll give u a situation that describes what I mean when i say i have trouble forming relationships with others. I volunteer at a hospital, i run errands such as taking blood to the lab or transporting patients in wheelchairs. There is 4 volunteers at a time that take turns running errands. I'll sit in this little room in the hospital designated for volunteers and wait with the 4 other volunteers until the phone rings telling us to run an errand. Sometimes it'll be as much as an hour waiting for the phone to ring telling us what to do. That means we wait and while we're waiting we'll all talk. The 4 other volunteers are nice and talk to me sometimes. Whenever i say something or ask something, the person i'm talking to will look at me while i'm saying something to them and then they'll look at everyone else like they were the ones asking. I'm essentially ignored.

I visited my sister in the hospital on my day off when she had her baby and some of the volunteers i talk to were volunteering on that day and they didn't even acknowledge me or say hi to me in the hallway. It was as if i didn't mean anything to them. I always see them saying hi to the other volunteers but me.

I also had a situation where I went on a date with this guy I met on facebook and when he picked me up he hardly smiled and barely talked to me. He never went out with me again. I am a very friendly person and doesn't understand why this is happening. Any advice?

sadie_genie Guest
    Maybe because you are quiet and doesn't seem very approachable. But the person who was answering your question but didn't look at you was just rude. But forgive him/her because people are often careless but they probably didn't mean to hurt you. Next time, say hi to those people who didn't say hi to you and if you do that regularly, they will take notice of you.