+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking out a Checkout Girl

Asking out a Checkout Girl

Im not very experienced in the dating/asking out girls world.

Ive seen a girl, a few times on checkout in a supermarket that has caught my eye. Have never got into a conversation with her apart from obvious supermarket transactions. Hit and miss if she is there when I call in.

I was wondering, well supermarket checkout girls, must get asked out a lot with the amount of people who pass through.

Would you look like a right sleeze/idiot asking someone out whilst they are working, plus its awkward with other customers queuing up behind you. Not really a quiet moment nor know how to even phrase it.

Any checkout ppl out there

Instead of asking her out, make polite conversation ... when handing her you cash, or card, hand her a note, business card, anything you like, with your name and number on it and something along the lines of "I think you're really cute. Would love to take you out when you're not working" ... smile, and then walkout.

Then, you can either wait for the call, or wait until the next time she serves you and see whether the subject comes up.

Fortune favours the brave.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Personally I just ask them if they want to go do something. But, I do wait till it's nice and quiet. Asking her out with a load of customers behind me is a no go. But, if it's not busy and I'm the only one on her register then it is a good time.
    Well, the two times I did that, anyway.

If you frequent that supermarket a lot, I would start by making casual conversation with her over the next couple of visits to gradually let her know you are interested. She may notice that you always end up in her line. Then I would do as maxmax suggested. Hand her a note or card with your name and number on it. Maybe a compliment as well. Nothing too pushy o forward. If she is interested, she'll let you know.

I worked at a superstore here in town. There was a gorgeous guy that came through my till on a really busy day with a huge cart full of groceries. He was really shy and nervous and it was clear he was hitting on me when we started talking.. He even blushed it was so cute
    At the end of the transaction he seemed to wanted to chat but it was so busy i just said have a nice day. A while later, i had no line up and just stood chatting to my co-workers and he came through my till with a box of cereal and said, 'whoops! I forgot my shreddies'.. haha it was so clear what he was doing, but i found it cute and pretty funny. lol He just asked if i was ever free to give him a call to do something. I text him my number and he called me a few days later.

I didnt think it was too pushy or weird or anything like that, he is a really nice guy too and im glad i got his number. When im completely ready to date again, i will be giving him a call I thought it was really brave and manly of him to ask me like that, when he was clearly sh*tting his pants about it. Awe. Makes me smile thinking about it.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

I was in the supermarket again today and the same checkout girl was on.

I can think and plan something out in my head but when the situation arises it all goes and in the end I say/do nothing.

There was a queue of people behind me and wanted to ask how her day had been,which once Id started could have led to other questions. Ultimately I bottled it

So, do as l suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul25 View Post
    I was in the supermarket again today and the same checkout girl was on.

I can think and plan something out in my head but when the situation arises it all goes and in the end I say/do nothing.

There was a queue of people behind me and wanted to ask how her day had been,which once Id started could have led to other questions. Ultimately I bottled it
    Just do it! Listen, even if you are squirming and obviously nervous as hell, if you just ask her then she will be impressed... I was.
    If she isnt, oh well. Whats the worst she can say? No? Big deal.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahaha.... one time i did ask out a check out girl at the local market. f*ck it i guess because she wasn't feeling me. however, i kept it short and to the point. i wasn't about to make an ass infront on the entire line so i asked her basically if she wanted to go out and hang out... too bad i got rejected. however, i did know some of the workers at the market which always helps.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Today I was picking up a few bits and pieces for the weekend. This girl was on the checkout again and it wasnt particularly busy when I was next in line.

I exchanged "hello's". Felt very nervous building myself to only ask how her day had been, which I still didnt say. I didnt have much so before you know its time to put my pin number in the machine.
    Some young lad appeared at the doors shouting "I cant get in" and we both turned round to see what was going on. i just laughed and said to the girl, hes wearing a cardboard box. and that was that. certainly not what I was wanting to really say, upstaged by a plonker wrapping himself in a box
    Last edited by lostsoul25; 27-08-11 at 03:47 AM.

you dont just go up and ask someone out, you will crash and burn. if you like this chick remeber the days and hours you saw here there, and go in and buy somthing. people are creatures of habit and normaly are on a schedule. they deal with lots of people so remeber that, id smile and saw hi and when she answers back start talkin about somthing like yeah i needed this drink cuz its super hot outside, you been out in it lately, then id prob say hey im " name" btw whats yours and ill catch ya around.

Today I was picking up a few bits and pieces for the weekend. This girl was on the checkout again and it wasnt particularly busy when I was next in line.

I exchanged "hello's". Felt very nervous building myself to only ask how her day had been, which I still didnt say. I didnt have much so before you know its time to put my pin number in the machine.
    Some young lad appeared at the doors shouting "I cant get in" and we both turned round to see what was going on. i just laughed and said to the girl, hes wearing a cardboard box. and that was that. certainly not what I was wanting to really say, upstaged by a plonker wrapping himself in a box
    Get some balls and just do it ...

Do it before you become just another customer and part of the furniture.

This is the last time I will advise you to follow my initial suggestion.

It will work.

I did write a note and kept it in my pocket just incase she was in.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did write a note and kept it in my pocket just incase she was in.
    Dear God, please don't give her a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Dear God, please don't give her a note.
    Yes. Do give her a note. Better than doing nothing! ;o)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast