+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to tell him I'm not interested without hurting him/his friend relationship?

how to tell him I'm not interested without hurting him/his friend relationship?

Ok so I met this guy (Guy A) through a guy I met online (Guy B) and we went clubbing together with my friend. We all had a good time. I immediately spoke to Guy A online because I thought I left my passport in his car. Anyways ever since then, I added him on Facebook and we chatted on AIM almost everyday. it was always him who IMed me in the beginning and sometimes it was me who imed him. We found out we both live a block away from each other and we both went to the same middle school together. He seems to be more engaged in talking and being interested in what I say and always add a lol and haha and continues the conversation While Guy B is choppy and doesn't continue the convo.

Anyways, he kept asking me to hang out with him and we can watch movies together at his place or go out or something. At first I was hesitant because I didn't know him very well and met each other couple times and all. But I do like him a little more than the guy B. At least to me, I feel that he's more protective and sweeter and actually takes initiation. Last time he said Guy B and I look datish, but then after awhile he said we don't look like we're dating. I don't think so either...

Guy B is shaky about his answers and does not take initiation or step up his game. One day we talk online and text for hours, next day we don't text or contact each other at all, its usually on and off. I don't care about that as much. But what I do mind is him not taking initiation to ask me out, but instead ask me to go clubbing instead of a him one-on-one hang out. He always says maybe we can go catch a movie together. Maybe we can go clubbing. Maybe we can go watch a movie this sunday. The more he adds a maybe in there, the more I just be like I guess we're not going to watch a movie. He doesn't even confirm the date until I text him about it. I told him I want to watch this movie and he says lets do it and it was our first date. Why do I have to always take the initiation to ask him out? I asked him out for dinner, he says maybe later this week? wtf? Yet he does nothing on the weekends?

Anyways we went clubbing again yesterday. I was super cranky, hyper, exhausted, and sleepy since I didn't get much rest and went to theme park and got a lot of energy sucked out yet I just couldn't back out on my promise since I asked my girl friend to go and I didn't want to cancel it again like last week when he asked. He asked me what I was doing on sunday when he said maybe we can catch a movie this sunday, but we definitely confirmed it because I said sure. Yet why ask what I was doing? So I just said iono since I was cranky and exhausted/stressed. I was just not in the mood. He sucks... he doesn't even take initiation to dance with me, so I have no intention to dance with him. His other friend was dancing with a girl while Guy A was dancing with me and the girl dragged him in the middle and dance with us. He said "I refuse to be in the middle and be sandwiched like a meat." I was like wtf? He is weird. I would think he's shy, but a person who told me he went clubbing a lot back in college and clubs at least 1-2 times/months? anyways when guys approached me and i tried to brush them off, yet he did not do anything to pull them away... he told me it was funny seeing the guys approach me like that... he brush them off one guy when we went clubbing the first time, but not this time.

Guy A was the one who pulled me away and dragged me to his side, he protected me and my friend. Took the initiation to dance with me, ask me out, ask me if i'm ok, do little pouting faces at me and be sweet. he held on to my hand as we tried to break away from the crowd and take a rest. When Guy B lead the group, he just walked away and left. He said he would take care of me too when Guy A wanted to dance with my friend, but I was like no way I am staying here with him and I wasn't feeling good because I drank and I was overly exhausted and just wanted to dance it off so I will feel better. Guy A was the one who drove us since he lived a block away from me and my friend and Guy B lives 30 mins away. I don't know why Guy B was following us to our car but yet he walks ahead of me and doesn't stay by side and asks why we're walking so slow while Guy A went to get his car.

Anyways last night I got jealous that Guy A kept dancing with my friend and it made me desire him more because I realized that if I didn't show interest in him, I will lose him like how I lost this guy I sorta liked to my home girl because I didn't show him much interest or even took initiation to go out with him when he asked I said maybe or I don't know. I feel that Guy B was like me and I don't want it to be like that all over again.

So today, I did something out of the ordinary with him and I made out with him even though I tried to stop it in the mist but I wasn't doing it so well and he couldn't control himself. He pulled me back on his bed while we watched TV and when I ended up falling asleep and he was poking and tickling me at the same time and I was playing along. I thought it was just gonna be tickling but then he started touching me some more and I tried to stop him but I get manipulated easily and I have a hard time saying no. And it just felt good at the same time and I couldn't resist either... i GUESS i shouldnt have fallen asleep on his shoulders. but I was totally out and I have no energy since I didn't have enough sleep for 2 days and did not eat that day because I was stressed out by my family. Had a argument with my parents and felt like everyone was stressing me out and rushing me to do things for them that I cried and told myself I need to get out of the house and go to his house just for a breather. besides I was not planning to go to his house either, it just so happens I left my phone in his car after clubbing and I cannot have him come over and bring it back to me because my parents are nosy and annoying... Well one thing led to another. Last time I went to his house just to watch movies, nothing happened. He has everything I want in his room. A ps3, street fighter, guitar, TV, etc. He even sang to me one time while strumming the guitar. By the way, He still lives with his parents still, but his room is downstairs

I don't feel totally bad about it or totally awkward around him, but we just had a talk and we had to keep separated from each other when we watch movie at his house again, and this time if he does approach again when i'm at his house, I will say no because I won't be exhausted and stressed out again I hope. We tried to put a barrier between us after what happened... He said he's gonna sit on the chair while I sit on the bed next time. We have tried really hard to stay away from each other, but I know I messed up by falling asleep and tempting him and tempting myself... =/ And I do trust him more than the last guy I dated for 5 months. I trust him when he said he didn't bring a lot girls over to his place because he shush me when his mom was at the door and plus it looks like he never really cleaned his room for a very long long time. But I do wanna continue to see him because he just makes me feel so special and its nice to find someone to hang out with that lives so close to you. We're still friends, but I was thinking next time I should invite him to watch a movie at a theater or something. So we can get to know each other more. He warched a movie with my friend couple of weeks ago.

I am not planning to date Guy B because he sucks and never says bye when he leaves or gives me a heads up of what he wants and definitely not tell him what happened between Guy A. But I really don't know how to tell him I am not interested in him and I want to date his friend? So complicated... And i know he will cause a scene, not a very big one, but he will say something to Guy A for sure... I just don't want their friendship/co-workership to go downhill...
    Last edited by milkshake; 22-08-11 at 07:17 PM.

Why did you tell us all that? Lol

It won't hurt thier relationship so don't worry about it. What do you care anyway, You think guy B sucks anyway. Just be polite and tell him you're not interested. Guys don't cause "scenes".... That's a job women excel at. So any scene thats going to happen will be the one in your head.
    Last edited by surfhb; 23-08-11 at 12:52 AM.

Middle school in the US span ages 10-12, yet you have a passport, and went "clubbing"? What exactly is your idea of "clubbing"? If they serve alcohol you cannot get in without being at least the drinking age, which runs 18-21.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Whatever happens between guy A and guy B is of no concern to you. It is between them. So only concentrate on the part that involves you. Don't even worry about the rest.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

@ bulrush I had a passport because I lost my ID and I am over 21 o.0

@ surfhb I'm not sure about Guy B because he got mad at Guy A for not telling him a secret that happened at work. I was there but I was laying inside the car after I was pooped from clubbing. I heard them talking really loud and Guy A even told me that Guy B was a little mad because he won't tell him what happened at work.
    Last edited by milkshake; 23-08-11 at 02:58 AM.

I know, but I just don't want to ruin their friendship is all and I also don't it to be awkward if I chose Guy A. I guess I am thinking too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake View Post
    @ bulrush I had a passport because I lost my ID and I am over 21 o.0

@ surfhb I'm not sure about Guy B because he got mad at Guy A for not telling him a secret that happened at work. I was there but I was laying inside the car after I was pooped from clubbing. I heard them talking really loud and Guy A even told me that he was a little mad because he won't tell Guy B what happened at work.
    You seem really immature for an adult woman over 21 years of age. Dont worry about it....just concentrate on the guy you like....end of story!