+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this all my fault?

Is this all my fault?

My boyfriend for the past couple of weeks has been going on about our future together he wants me to get a full time job or a job in my degree (i have a part time job). I have been under so much stress at work as i had an accident at work a year ago and i still work there, i then had issues at work 2 weeks ago management being funny about my injuries as it has been a year and making me lift heavy boxes which i then pulled again, i have a shoulder and neck injury. I feel trapped at work and stuck in a rut i am doing my driving lessons and have done endless work placements.

My boyfriend decided to tell me on friday that we need a break or space for a month as he said "wheres the girl i fell in love with gone"? . I told him that im still here just that im going through a hard time at the moment. where still together just need space, he said he wants to be with me and he feels like he has waited long enough to live together and that i need to sort my self out and spend some time on me. This was a shock to me as ive had other problems and have not noticed my change in behaviour. Over the past couple of days i have realised that i need to sort my self out i need to get rid of the stress which means getting rid of my job. its hard to get a job in these times but thats the whole point of doing my driving lessons so i can get the job i want with my degree. My boyfriend said that the past 3 half years have been great but the last 6 months have been crap.

Anyway i feel like i need to talk to my boyfriend, tell him that ive realised that i am down and i want to save our relationship. is it too soon to talk to him or should i give him a month?

need your advice!

You can talk to him now if you want, but don't let it stop you making the changes you want to make. And make the changes for yourself, not for him or anyone else. Actions speak much louder than words.

Good luck
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!