+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She thinks she is a rebound .

She thinks she is a rebound .

Hello everyone ,

I met a girl a week or so ago , it appears as we like each other - a lot , and also we have a decent amount of properties and hobbies in common ,
    and I really think we`d be perfect as a couple .

Not too long ago though , she said she thinks that she will be a "rebound" for myself .
    In all this time knowing her I have not mentioned nor once anything about my previous relationships , I can`t see it as relevant,
    and am really over those , she is all I can think off .

Can one pass that feeling of another ?
    She is really the best thing that ever entered in my life story , and being in a relationship with her is an amazing dream ,
    how should I act ?

Thanks .

Have you become attached to her very fast? From what I've read from these forums, people tend to move fast with their rebounds. Perhaps that's what she's worried about? Still, I find it weird to jump to such conclusions considering you've not talked about your previous relationships.

Talk to her about this. Ask her what gave her the impression. Try to assure her that this is not the case and keep dating her like you would.
    I would suggest you to try not getting too involved with her emotionally until she's over this impression. Not knowing the girl, she might be pulling some weird game on you, who knows.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

It is not the case , actually , in contradiction with my previous relationships which moved pretty fast ,
    here we both try to take everything in a slower paste , we dated couple of times , we are yet to be fully open emotionally ,
    `tis a slower road , and it is comfortable for both of the sides .

You met her a week ago how can you tell ANYTHING about one another yet?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I agree with Yet another guy and Wakeup. The big thing is that it has only been a week! No wonder she thinks she is a rebound. That is moving pretty fast for you to make her all you can think about...

Take a deep breath and let it happen naturally. Don't try to force things.

btw, she may be saying that she feels like a rebound as a way to slow things down herself. Keep that in mind.

Oh, and get rid of the basketball backboard you are using as a headboard on your bed.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Sounds like she is playing a weird game. If you have not told her anything/much about your past relationship then she shouldn't feel anything. What is she psychic. If she keeps tripping move on. But take your time and get to know her. Do you think subconsiciusly you are trying to get over someone else. As a woman, sometimes I can sense i a guy is not quite over someone else. Just take it slow. I am no relationshp expert.