+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Far away love

Far away love

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody was in this situation and could maybe give some advice:

I met the girl of my dreams about two months ago. It was love at first sight. I never experienced this before so I was pretty knocked out. However, she lives about 5 hours from me. At first (holidayseason) we saw eachtother on a weekly base which was great.
    Now summer's almost gone and work starts again, she realises that we can't see eachother for a long time coming and it breaks her heart. And mine as well. She decided to break the relationship. I'm in terrible pain because I don't want to lose her because I think we are 'meant to be'. I can only think of her right now and how much I wish to be with her. She misses me too and that is even more hurtfull. I am considering moving to Germany where she lives and start a life there, allthough I realise that will be very hard to do.
    What should I do? Should I chase the one I love or try and get over her? I don't know how to get over her right now.

Don't be foolish. Why would you uproot your life and move to another country for someone you've only known for two months. For all you know once the honeymoon peiod is over she'll lose her shine for you and you'll be stuck in a country you didn't really want to be in and only moved there to be with a stranger.

My advice: Move on, it was a nice fling and now it's flung.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If she isn't even willing to try to work out a long distance relationship, I certainly wouldn't be considering moving to another country for her.

So, have to agree with wakeup, it was a nice fling.

She didn't feel strongly enough for you to make some effort at a mid-term, long distance thing, so I'd let her go.

You'll find someone new and you can put your heart and soul into that. Put your last relationship into the box labelled "It was amazing while it lasted".

yeah.. you're probably right... Goddamn it will be hard to forget her because she really amazes me... :'(

I think you story is an opposite of mine. I wanted him to come to live with me but he broke up with me cos he afraid he could not find a job in my country. Life is such a joke!

If you are truly in love with her, i`ll advice you go for her.