+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comforting yourself

comforting yourself

So good to be posting on this forum again. How do you overcome the disappointment if the girl you like, I mean you really like, the girl of your dreams is taken by someone else? Is the best way just to move on and convince yourself "there's plenty more fish in the sea"? Any also, many people say that half the fun is spent just trying to get the girl and when u really get her it gets boring, any truths to this?

yeah well, it depends on both of u!! remember it takes 2 to tango!! the truth might be u urself, could have been kinda boring......why else would anyone be able to 'take' her from u!! she just left, maybe because u softened up and stuff like that!! there's no quick way to overcome disappointment!!! well unless ur like me, devoid of any emotional crap!! but....the best thing u can do is get back to being fun again, and start socilaizing again!! well all the best dude!!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Move on.

If the fun is in the chase and you end up bored all that means is that you've been chasing the wrong girl.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

beer. and more beer.
    my opinion is better than yours.

How do you overcome the disappointment if the girl you like, I mean you really like, the girl of your dreams is taken by someone else?
    Um, maybe by manning up and actually letting the girl know next time how you really feel, and asking her on a date?

Because...wow....wouldn't it really suck if that happened.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Today would mark what could be one of the worst days in my life, the girl I have a crush on, the girl that I see on the way to school everyday, the girl that has made lots of eye contacts with me. She just got taken by another guy, and the worst thing about this is that I never got a chance to ask her out or even talk to her. I'm just devastated, I know this guy, he basically due to his personal characteristics takes every good chick there exists and leaves everyone else with the leftovers. I just feel being blown away by a tsunami.

The whole "fun is in the case" thing seems to be true, and is really starting to p#ss me off now!
    I'm slim, blonde and attractive, when I walk into a bar I get a lot of attention from guys...however, since I've been back in the dating game, all I get is guys who come on to me, make me feel like they really want me, we go out on a date and I don't hear from them again, and I'm sure they tell all thier friends how they "landed me" even though I don't sleep with them (thats probably not what they tell their mates though!)
    It's not like I don't have a good personalty, as I know I do...but the blue eyes and big chest is all they seem interested in. They never take time to get to know me.
    Well, thats the past few months of my life summed up

Anyway, by the sound of this guy he's a bit of a "love 'em and leave 'em", then chances are your girl will wise up to him and ditch him, so hang in there...in the meantime get out there and find someone else....maybe all those so-called "leftovers" are girls who are just too intelligent to fall for his charms.

'I just feel being blown away by a tsunami.'

Dont realy think this is an appropriate phrase considering whats happened/happening in Indonesia right now...

...just pointing something out

Anyway it sucks whats happened to you, so hopefully you'll learn for the next girl you like to just go up to her and make the effort before some guy with bigger guts, balls and confidence does...
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

you didn't move fast enough. the other guy got the girl. you snooze you lose, buddy.
    my opinion is better than yours.

ooh....made lots of eye contact! That's really making the moves isn't it....

So am I correct in the conclusion that the one that make the first move takes the prize?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by richardrli
    So am I correct in the conclusion that the one that make the first move takes the prize?
    Usually, yes. But you're not going to find out until you actually make one.

You don't even have to make the first move. You just need to play the game. Which you haven't done yet.

hey sjsing, can i have yer no. then!!! just kidding!! well dude, toughen up man!! well girls normally, get a lotta attention!! and most of this is usually for getting laid and stuff!! women know that!! they have a bloody 6th sense, and can anticipate yer every move, and when ur thinking bout what to say, they have their responses ready to b lashed out against u!! the trick is to leave them speechless...in a good way!! well if girls don't fall for guys who give them a lotta attention, then try giving them just enough for them to want more from u!! read other posts by me as well as by cybog!! don't listen to girls...they don't know what they want themselves, chances r they'll confuse u more!! (no offence ladies)
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Thanks for all the nice replies guys and ladies. Can someone give me a direct answer as to what I should do now that she is enjoying herself with the other fellow, because I'm still pretty gutted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast