+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Strange Feeling. Need help.

A Strange Feeling. Need help.

I met Allison four months back in Facebook. I found out she was from our sister college, we used to study in the same campus but I had never seen her in college. We became great friends.

Both of us were in relationships. We talk a lot everyday and share everything with each other. Last month I broke up with my girl friend Stacey, because it wasn't working. I was disturbed over the break up and Allison supported me, and made me feel better. I have moved on from Stacey now.

But suddenly I have started getting butterflies in my stomach when think of her. Allison is on my mind all the time. I never felt butterflies in my stomach for Stacey and for the few months I was in a relationship with her. We used to spend a lot of time together. But I never felt this sort of feeling for her.

I have gotten crazy about Allison, I talk to her photos, her Facebook profile is my home page now, I can't stop myself from texting her all the time. We can't hang out everyday because she lives in a different city. But I have been to see her just 3 times. You'd say, its a normal thing.

But the problem is, she is in a very stable relationship with a guy called Sean. He has proposed and they're gonna marry in a few years. She is committed to her, and in no case can she be mine. She likes me too, and knows that I like her. She even jokes that I will be ****ed up soon when she goes away with Sean. She has an awesome personality. Lately she has been asking me "Are you in love with me? Confess it, if you really are." And I keep lying, that I am not. She would stop talking to me if she realizes that I love her.

So I force myself to hide my feelings, just to be with her. To me, she looks like the most beautiful girl ever.

Is this love? And how do I get rid of the butterflies? What should I do?

Help me.

You should tell her and be honest instead of hiding your feelings.Maybe this means, she will break up contact with you now, but at least there are no misunderstandings and a chance that you can be friends at some point later. And you can move on with your life. Denying your feelings won't help.

Hi there!
    I think that you should tell her the whole truth!If you keep your feelings for yourself ,you would feel miserable for a very long time,Imagine how would you feel each time you see them hugging and kissing in front of you!It will make you suffer even more!On the other hand you have to be sure you are deep into her before taking such a decisive action!I personally don't believe that a man could have a good friendship with a woman he loves!Thanks!

It's not love, it's obsession that you've got with her... likely not even with her, but with your idea of her. You've only known each other through FB? If that's the case, you don't really know her. If she's really committed to her stable relationship with Sean, I would advise you never tell her how you (believe) you feel - she might cut contact altogether.

Try to find a girl in R/L to date.

@HeartIsAching:

I have met her three times and had coffee, and I had been to her place once for Lunch. And we keep talking a lot on phone and texts and video calls on Skype. Its not just through FB.

Use some logic on this. If you tell her you love her and she dumps the other guy for you, then she'd be yours. Would you be able to trust her? You'd be in Sean's shoes. She isn't loyal. If she was, she wouldn't be flirting this much with you and thngs wouldn't have gotten to this point.

She sounds like an attention whore. Or maybe, just a whore.

@TheSingleGuy:

You're right actually, she's an attention seeker. I am mad guy, I fell for her.. She was so beautiful, I coudn't stop.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by routbisu View Post
    @HeartIsAching:

I have met her three times and had coffee, and I had been to her place once for Lunch. And we keep talking a lot on phone and texts and video calls on Skype. Its not just through FB.
    Oh blah blah blah, baby, you have no real Idea about her, but what she wanted you to know and show you. Leave their relationship alone and stop your unreal fancy as soon as possible, these things don't end up very Well. Stop talking to her and take time to get over your crush!