+ Follow This Topic

Thread: guys advice on date

guys advice on date

ok, I have known this guy for awhile and I like him alot. I was thinking about aking him to my place for dinner on Valentine's day. I was thinking about going all out and having a romantic candlelight dinner for him. My question is guys to you really like the romantic dinners or is it lame? advice plz.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    ok, I have known this guy for awhile and I like him alot. I was thinking about aking him to my place for dinner on Valentine's day. I was thinking about going all out and having a romantic candlelight dinner for him. My question is guys to you really like the romantic dinners or is it lame? advice plz.

Just me personally, but I don't think it's lame at all, in fact I'd love it. Guy's like romance too, although few of us are brave enough to admit it.

My vote is to go for it....
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 04-02-05 at 12:56 AM.

Might be over the top for a first date (even if it is valentine's). Maybe just dinner, no candlelight.

WHATEVER you do, you don't want to freak him out (if some girl did this to me on our FIRST date, I'd be a little freaked . . . )

Alexi

yeah your probably right. maybe I should just skip valentine's day all together and asked him out on another night. valentine's day is more like for people in love, we just like each other.. that would be kinda weird.

Yeahh... your idea would be fine had you already been dating for six months, but for a first date it'd be a bit OTT.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

i concur with the others. i just wanted to congratulate you on moving forward with your life, good to see.
    my opinion is better than yours.

Hmm, it all depends on your relationship IMO. As long as it's just dinner and whatever I don't really see too much wrong with it. Something I like to do with the ladies is "Play off" the fact that it's romantic, when it kinda-sorta is.

Basically it works like this - Convince your fella friend that you don't usually like to go "over the top" for Valentines Day and usually just kinda hang out and do normal things. Ask if he has any plans, and then see if he wants to come over for dinner "Just to join you".

Save the candles and flowers and all of that but make the dinner as planned, and just see what happens. Sometimes things like this can help you to kind of see where the relationship is headed. If he shows up with flowers, then you know this guy is a romantic type and really digs you. If he doesn't, then all that really means is that he took you literally and wants it to be a casual evening. No harm no foul.

Valentines day (or any holiday for that matter) can really be a test of your relationship or dating just to get a feel for the other person in a pseudo-romantic setting, without it actually "being romantic". Just don't go too havy, and trust me - It will be a good time for both of you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

wait for him to do something romantic!! then u'll know if its worth putting yer effort into it!! but if u really do like then i don't think there's anything wrong, but remember not a lotta guys would like to get mushy too soon!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    if a girl I liked asked me to a date of what you said, I'd be there INSTANTLY!
    I say go for it, but that's just me because I like things that way.