+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he interest or I'm just wishing he is?

Is he interest or I'm just wishing he is?

I went on two dates with a guy one last Saturday August 27 and the other last Sunday August 28. He was having four days free from work (Saturday until Tuesday). Since then I haven't hear from him at all (Monday or Tuesday).

On the first date we had an amazing time, and we seem to have perfect chemistry. On the second date we had a good time. On both dates (after the first kiss from the first date), we continuing kisses with both small kisses and French kisses.

I texted him on monday (after 4:13 pm and 8:18 pm) and I got no answer. He's using a cellphone company I know has very bad reception where we live. Also, I not only have his cellphone number, but we're also friends on Facebook. I emailed him at Facebook to let him know I texted him and told him it was just in case he didn't get me text messages. Something that happened the day before. How can I tell if he's no longer interest in me? How long should I wait before I say "he's not going to call at all"?

It has only been a few days, so I wouldn't worry. But I would also stop texting and emailing him. You don't want to seem clingy or high-maintenance. You put the ball in his court, so there is nothing else for you to do. Just do your normal life routine. And if he calls, he calls. If not, don't worry about it and just move forward.

Think of it this way - he had four nights off from work. He spent half of those going on dates with you. Maybe he had other things he had to do that took up the other two days. And now that he is back at work, maybe he is busy trying to catch up.

Just take a deep breath and realize that if he calls or not it isn't that big of a deal. Because you had fun on Saturday and Sunday, right? That's all that matters.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    It has only been a few days, so I wouldn't worry. But I would also stop texting and emailing him. You don't want to seem clingy or high-maintenance. You put the ball in his court, so there is nothing else for you to do. Just do your normal life routine. And if he calls, he calls. If not, don't worry about it and just move forward.

Think of it this way - he had four nights off from work. He spent half of those going on dates with you. Maybe he had other things he had to do that took up the other two days. And now that he is back at work, maybe he is busy trying to catch up.

Just take a deep breath and realize that if he calls or not it isn't that big of a deal. Because you had fun on Saturday and Sunday, right? That's all that matters.

Good luck.

Devonbrown, thanks for your advice it means a lot to me that you took the time to answer me.

On the email I sent him to Facebook, I did mention I wasn't going to keep texting him because I didn't want
    to overwhelm him. The biggest reason why I was so concern is because we met online on a dating website
    and I notice when I went to see my account last night that he had visit the site the night before (on Monday)
    and since I'm horrible at reading men that's why I felt insecure about what he could be thinking or feeling.

Also, he asked me twice on the first date if I was naughty (and I let him know I'm not) and I confess to him on
    the second date (at a moment when the date became a bit hot) that I'm a virgin which suprised him a lot and
    he said a few times that I had to be lying (and yes, I am a virgin).

Don't get caught up... keep your options open

OP, your additional information makes me think a couple new thoughts. You said
    we met online on a dating website
    and I notice when I went to see my account last night that he had visit the site the night before (on Monday)
    A lot of people continue to keep their options open while online dating until they are in a serious relationship. A couple dates doesn't mean he doesn't like you, it just means that he is not ready to settle down.

But you also said
    Also, he asked me twice on the first date if I was naughty (and I let him know I'm not) and I confess to him on
    the second date (at a moment when the date became a bit hot) that I'm a virgin which suprised him a lot and
    he said a few times that I had to be lying (and yes, I am a virgin).
    Now this sets off red flags for me. First of all, asking you things like that on a first date sounds like he is doing the online dating bit to just try to get some sex. Which is creepy at best. Then, he goes out with you a second night and tries again to get in your pants. When you tell him you were a virgin, he was shocked. Not because you were a virgin, but because his hopes of getting some were probably not going to come true.

With this in mind, I would guess that he is going to keep searching for girls to have sex with casually. I don't think he will completely disappear though. He won't want to date, but he will pop back up every now and then when he is lonely and ask you inappropriate questions about whether you have lost your virginity, in a twisted hope that you will like him enough to let him bed you.

Don't fall for it and move on. You deserve better than that.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!