+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The finer aspects of time

The finer aspects of time

Yes, so I am over my ex. That was the easy part it seems. Now the residual effects hammer in. No one really told me about the dreams, the pain of conclusion, the fact she chose a man who she views as "better". Talking physically, mentally, emotionally and monetarily, I am a far better man! So I think I guess.

Sharing a child is hard, he insists at being at every drop off and pick up. So I get to see who replaced me every two weeks. It really IS hard!

Its an ego blow...a self esteem blow....its beyond heart breaking, it sits deeper.

Shes attracted to her own self-worth negative self, and here I sit, positive, at peace, getting through it...and alone.

Life is a freakin' mystery to me!

Your time will come, Todd. Getting over someone is a process and you're doing things in a way that once you are through to the other side and emotionally ready, you'll find someone and you'll be indifferent to her and him as well. As far as your daughter. Is it possible for you to re-negotiate your visitation schedule and perhaps get her mid-week once and a while to supplement the "every-other-weekend?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Indifference...a strange place to be, indeed. And not all together within our comfort zones. But neccessary. I know.

I'd have a big smirk on my face at pick up time happy in the knowledge that he's the one that now has to deal with her crap instead of me.