+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Healing and getting strange feelings.

Healing and getting strange feelings.

Hi all

I am doing well, slowly healing after my breakup a few months back. Not feeling so low about everything and gradually my life is getting back to normal. My daughter is getting more and more well behaved everyday.. I feel like she is growing up! I have had more time and energy lately than i ever have, and feeling a lot more confident in myself.

One thing that sticks on my mind, is i have been getting these little highschool crushes on random people lately. Obviously i am in no rush to find someone and have no real interest in anybody. But, i am curious to why my thoughts and feelings are like this lately.
    I try get out with friends once a week since my breakup, mainly just to branch out and meet new people and stay happy. Well in the past 3 weeks i have been out twice, and really enjoyed myself. Didnt see my ex either times which was a bonus! But the first night, i hung out with my girlfriend and one of her male friends. I know him faintly, we have spoken in the past.
    He is a really shy quiet guy and we talked up a storm all night and had a laugh, said goodbye and that was that. Didnt exchange numbers or anything..

The next morning i found myself thinking about him, more than i should. I felt a huge attraction to him, when really there was nothing to indicate anything more than talking as friends. This lasted for a few days then the feelings just faded away.

Last night i went out for my birthday, another fun night had a few drinks. Ended up talking to an old friend who is a year younger than me, and we flirted.. He already had my number so today has been texting me off the hook asking to hang out and such.. I feel the same crush feeling i had before 2 weeks ago. I am not actually interested in him as such, just feel somewhat... excited about him. I have no idea why i am feeling like this!

Why am i crushing on men so easily like this? Its not even that i LIKE them, i dont even know what it is. lol
    I am calling after the long weekend about counselling to start asap, i found out its completely free!
    But i am just annoyed at how i am feeling these days.. Can anyone pinpoint what is going on with me? I just thought i would come here for some suggestions or experiences like this after a bad relationship breakup.

Thanks all
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Sounds like the same thing I went through ... and sometimes still go through. It's feminine sexuality. During your marriage you didn't have it because your mind was content with being a wife. You're only sexuality was for your husband. Now that you are single, it's coming alive again ... just like when you were younger and single. It's a good thing .. embrace it ... it means you are healing and becoming confident in your sexuality.
    Life is too short. Have a lot of fun and don't be afraid to fall in love.

Enjoy the attention you're getting. Men obviously find you attractive. You've probably been feeling down since your brake up, so this attention from other men feels like a refreshment. It doesn't mean that you have to start a relationship with either of them right away. Just relax, enjoy the attention and flirt away ))