+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just give up now or what?

Should I just give up now or what?

Well I've liked this guy for over a year now & we talk online but never met because of the distance & he's had my number for over a year now but every-time I ask him to call me he ignores me or just changes the subject. The way he talks to me online he makes it seems like were the best of friends. Does he really like me or is he just leading me on? When I talk to him I can tell that he is himself and not putting on an act just to impress me and that's what I love. The only issue I've ever had with him is about the phone call. What should I do? :/

Have you tried to call him?
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Have you even seen him on cam? If you haven't and he won't talk to you on the phone then he could be a 12 year old typing from his mother's basement; married and trying to avoid getting caught talking to vulnerable and naive women like yourself, he's typing from the communal computer at the county jail/nut house or, he doesn't want the relationship to progress any further than it already is if he's not any of the characters mentioned above.

Why do you waste your time and emotions on an asshole you've never met and refuses to talk to you on the phone. What keeps you hooked there when you could be out meeting real men who will call you on the phone and meet with you and hug you and kiss you and all the other good things that happens in a R E A L relationship?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Actually yes I've seen him on cam several times so I know that he is who he claims to be. I never said I wanted a relationship with him I just want him to call me. Thank you for your opinion. It's much appreciated.

Please define why you want him to call you.
    To make the relationship between you two a little more intimate?

Quote Originally Posted by ashawee1234 View Post
    I never said I wanted a relationship with him I just want him to call me.
    So what's the point to this thread- again??????
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by ashawee1234 View Post
    Actually yes I've seen him on cam several times so I know that he is who he claims to be. I never said I wanted a relationship with him I just want him to call me. Thank you for your opinion. It's much appreciated.
    If you talk with him on cam then why is it important that you talk to him on the phone? Anyway, your gut is telling you something. I'd listen to it if I were you. Why not ask for his number so you can call him and if he changes the subject and won't give it to you then stop contact with him and get on with your life in the real world.

What is so important that he actually calls you if you don't want a real relationship with him? What is your thinking on that?

Anyway addressing your thread title: Yes, yes... you should just give up now.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion