+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He's ALWAYS teases me!

He's ALWAYS teases me!

We were together for almost 2 years, on and off but we broke up at the end of this summer because we were going to be too far away (we're both at different colleges now, me in my second year, him in his first.) He told me before we left that he still had feelings for me, but we both knew long distance didn't work the first time.

He's been at school about a week or so, I've been gone for two weeks. He has initiated conversations with me and I with him, so obviously I know that it's not that he doesn't want to hear from me; however, he never compliments me or says anything nice. He's not mean either, but he just constantly teases me & fools around or changes the subject if it ever gets shifted towards expressing his feelings. On top of that, he proceeded to IM me to tell me that most girls are the same and then agreed when I made the comment that many girls, good looking or not, can be really nice and there can possibly not be that much there.

Why does he do that?

Because it's impossible to maintain a relationship based on love so he maintains it so that he shows that he's still fond of you and considers you a good friend. Your relationship has been rocky/off/on. Keeping that into consideration, would you honestly expect him to act any other way but friendly yet indifferent?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yep, what Wakeup said. Acting silly is a way to get out of social nervousness and helps avoid showing how you really feel about a situation or someone.

Don't expect compliments, if he does like you still he probably doesn't want you to catch on.