+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help badly with this girl!

Need help badly with this girl!

Well I am a new user here and would like your help on my situation

Here it is:

Both me and my girlfriend are in the last year of school in Canada and moving onto univeristy we may never see each other again afterwards,although we are going to the same university, it is still as big place and I would rarely see her.
    Here is where the situation arises,we have been going out for over a year and at first things were going terrific she was full of joy and always wanting to be with me and do things.As time went off things got better and we got more close until recently when she has changed a lot and in my opinion for the worse.We were really close and used to chat to each other on the phone or IM for hours on end and used to tell each other everything.This was a typical relationship full of love and happiness,until one day...

She told me she is drifting away from the real her while being with me and that she cannot have sex or do other things together that we used to, although she has changed her mind on numerous ocasions about this, now she seems for sure.This is very annoying as she had no problem before and suddenly out of the blue she says this.Also she has become more religous and says that we cannot have a long term future with our different religions and ethnic backgrounds,this is also annoying because I am willing to go against my religion to be with her and yet she can not do the same for me.

This poses the question:

Is the break up inevitable?
    or should I talk with her about these issues and what should I say?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't take this he wrong way, but you are still pretty young and you shouldn't expect much out of a relationship at your age. If she is feeling like she needs to be out of this relationship, you need to let her go and do that, because if she is not comfortable in the relationship anymore and she continues to stay in it, she is going to become irritated and resentful. Just give her her space.

As for the ethinicity/religion thing, that's just a big cop-out as far as I'm concerned. I've been in a mixed race/religion relationship for three years now, and its all about being open-minded and committed to the other person. If you love the other person enough, those things will never make a difference (maybe the odd issue, but its not something impossible to overcome).