+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling a little down

Feeling a little down

I'm feeling really down tonight. I've done a couple post about my ex. We broke up 2 months ago, we where/are living together. I'm moving out this coming weekend. He is in our place until the end of the month. He broke up with me because I kept being mean and getting angry about him not helping around the house. He was trying to get better but at the time I wasn't seeing it. I'm spending a couple days at my parents, just visiting. I haven't been home in a while. All day I've been feeling really down and just missing him.

I really feel like he is my soul mate and I want things to work out so badly. He is everything to me. I treated him badly. I feel so awful. I've told him I'm sorry but he keeps saying he needs time, which I understand. Every time I think about him not being in my life I feel so upset. I don't know what to do. I want him to see that I'm trying to change and that I want to try and make things better.

What should I do?

You should let him have his space... Don't try to contact him meanwhile.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Let him have his space and in the meantime look online to see if you can find a course that you can take on Conflict Resolution and Anger Management. Perhaps if he knows that you've given up on trying to control him he'll feel more like he can reconcile. Even if he doesn't come back, you'd do well to learn those things so that this doesn't happen again. There are ways to compromise so that both people are happy with what they get and knowing how to compromise is a huge bonus when it comes to maintaining a happy and healthy relationship that can last the test of time.

Do something tangible that will show him that you're really trying. Actions speak lounder than words.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion