Hi,
I have a partner that is my soul mate we get on so well???, he is so much like my dad in ways it is all a girl can dream of. Years ago when we met he took on my 2 daughters and we had a little boy making everything perfect. I mean we all have a faults be we can always seem to look past them or work them out. I am not saying that he is not a good provider or a wonderful father because he is.

The last two years have been very stressful not only on our relationship but with everything. He moved from one job to another with the promise of promotions etc but they shafted him big time only using him for his skills to train others while they got set up, he left there did mean less jobs that spiraled him into depression with that and one of his work colleagues assaulting him while they were away at work ( his work at the time did nothing so we charged him with assault and the guy got a fine and smack on the hand). We have worked through his depression he saw a counselor and is on medication has his days but that is under control. I too have depression but have done for years on and off so was really able to help him with his.
One big thing in our relationship that is a problem is his best friend since they were in kindy does not like me at all, I put it down to that before me my partner was at there beck and call dropping everything to do things for them lend them money and they were drinking buddies. His mate has children that are all grown up and have there own families where as we have a young family aged 18,7,2. My partner does not drink like he did when we first met it was something we discussed and he has gone from 2 blocks (which is 30 cans in a block) a night to one or two blocks lasting him a month. His mate hates this and the fact that when my partner goes up there he mate puts all this stuff in his head and cause they are drinking he believes them I had to put my foot down because it was affecting the kids I don't know if I did the right thing.

What my partner always wanted to do was start his own business so we did, and things were going great we have so many customer and he seemed so happy happier with work than he had been in a long time. All of a sudden he hurt his knee and the had to put customers off until he recovered but his motivation is gone. I can only help with the business 2 days a weeks when our little boy is a daycare and I do all the bookwork other days. The kids have all been sick our eldest was sick for 2 months the youngest for 3, to top it all off my mum as terminal cancer so with the kids and being up the hospital everyday things are stressful. a few weeks ago he went off at me telling me that he needed help and told him ok you help me with what I have to do and I will come and help you. For weeks I was working the business(we are a handyman, lawn mowing, gardening business we do jobs other won't like big yard clean ups etc the hard work) doing the bookwork, running kids to school and other things, doing the housework cooking dinner getting kids ready for bed all having sick kids on top of this and having to be up the hospital every day as well. I was getting up at 4 and not getting to bed until one. He went tot work and came home went outside and drunk beer has tea and goes to bed. I couldn't do it anymore but he still expects me too saying things were so much easier when I was helping out. I said to him what about helping me like we talked about, his comment was I put the kids to bed. This was never like him he always used to help out so we had more time to do family things. It was come to the stage we hardly communicated and it is not without trying we seem to do more yelling and accusing. He goes out side and gest drunk and I go to bed and watch movies.

He still tells me he loves me every day and text's me the same kissed me when he leaves and cuddles me all night. I really don't know what to do????? He is the greatest thing in my life is it me am I wrong...