+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think this girl is interested in dating me?

Do you think this girl is interested in dating me?

so i met a girl on a dating site about 4 months ago. we talked on there for a few months then we added each other on facebook and talked on there.

We got to know each other quite a bit by talking and I decided to ask if she wanted to go do something. We decided on minitaure golf.

We went and had a fun time. She was shy, but got more comfortable as I kept talking to her.

When we got done and were leaving she gave me a hug and said it was nice meeting you. i agreed and asked if she would want to go bowling the next weekend. she said yes i think we should and i said is it a date then? she said yes.

then I jumped the gun and made a mistake. I asked "should we make it offical then?"
    Now by this I meant to say, where does she see us at? She wasnt sure what I meant and I aske dif she saw this as a date and she said she thought I just wanted to meet her. I said yes I did and apologized for asking that and she said its ok and gave me another hug. we both said we will see how it goes next time.

when i got home the night i texted her saying i had alot of fun and it was nice meeting her and we will have to do something again soon and she agreed and said we will have to hang out again soon.

im afraid i blew my chance when i asked "if we are official". i did not want to look clingy or desperate.

we have talked since that day so part of me feels like she didnt see it as a big deal.

so heres my questions

1)where do you think we are at? just getting to know each other?
    2)did i blow my chance at dating her aksing that??
    3)is she interested at all?

Whoa! It's been one date and you're getting way ahead of yourself. Just take it one day at a time. You asked her lets go bowling next weekend and she said okay so just call her up and ask her if Saturday at 7:00 would be okay with her for that bowling date? (or whatever time you actually want to go).

Figure out the rest as you go along.

Good luck and have fun. It would appear she is interested in getting to know you better in real life (as opposed to facebook and online) if she agreed to the bowling date. It's far to soon to figure out if she's interested in anything more than she's willing to go on another date with you.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-09-11 at 11:19 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I know I scrwed up on the whole "are we official" thing

I didn't mean it as a boyfriend/girlfriend thing. I just screwed my wording up. It doesn't seem like shes to upset though since she is still tlaking to me..i guess

I do not think you blew it. Just come off a little less stronger. Call her and ask her out again. Do not be hard on yourself. Exactly, do not appear anxious for anyone. You will know if she is the right person. Take your time very slow and get to know her before asking any questions as far as where you stand. It is way too soon for that. Good luck!

You two had a seemingly fun date, theres no need to stress or worry mate A date shouldn't lead to stress or worry.

One cheesy cop-out I tell myself with dates is this:

If the dates go well, then great, lets have another.
    If the date didn't go well, she doesn't want another date.. her loss, I wouldn't want to end up with someone not interested in me.

A date goes two ways: your trying to find out more about her as much as she is about you. You are judging her as much as she is judging you.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by george88 View Post
    I know I scrwed up on the whole "are we official" thing

I didn't mean it as a boyfriend/girlfriend thing. I just screwed my wording up. It doesn't seem like shes to upset though since she is still tlaking to me..i guess
    No it doesn't sound like she's upset so just confirm the next date with her and off you go. Have fun...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    You two had a seemingly fun date, theres no need to stress or worry mate A date shouldn't lead to stress or worry.

One cheesy cop-out I tell myself with dates is this:

If the dates go well, then great, lets have another.
    If the date didn't go well, she doesn't want another date.. her loss, I wouldn't want to end up with someone not interested in me.

A date goes two ways: your trying to find out more about her as much as she is about you. You are judging her as much as she is judging you.
    Good luck
    good point

I just feel I have a good shot and am hoping I don;t ruin it

I just feel I have a good shot and am hoping I don;t ruin it
    That's where I think your looking at this in the wrong way.

If she isn't interested in you (mistake or no mistake), then shes not worth your time (regardless of what you think). You should think less about 'ruining it' and more about being you

Good luck, you can do it!!

Take a deep breath. Just concentrate on the things you know. You met online. She wanted to know you in person. You had a nice time with her. You have another nice time lined up. It's all good.

Don't think negatively, think positively. And be cool. Let things develop as they will. No need to push anything.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

thanks for the answers.. they really helped..ill just let it happen

Honestly you probably just took her by surprise, as others have said, when it comes to saturday ask her if she still wants to go. She is interested or else she wouldn't have come out with you/ talked to you prior to seeing you in the first place.

I think you are however just in the getting to know you stage, and a few more dates will rectify that!

She is interested or else she wouldn't have text back. She's a human like you, we all say things accidentally when we don't mean it. if she's that easily scared off tbh she's not the girl for you

thebloodycoon Guest
    I think that she is interested in seeing you again and probably in something more(otherwise she wouldn't be going out with you again). I also think that you are overthinking this stuff. What I mean is - you're giving it way too much thinking and that can only lead to you repeating some silly words like that time earlier. My advice - just be yourself, act around her like you act around some girl you are not interested in at all, some of the girls you see every day and have absolutely no intentions with. That way, you'll be relaxed and she can see the real you. You don't have to make a move or act like Casanova with some pick up lines or anything like that to impress her. She wants to meet the real you, and if you think too much you'll blow it. Good luck and remember - be yourself

Quote Originally Posted by thebloodycoon View Post
    I think that she is interested in seeing you again and probably in something more(otherwise she wouldn't be going out with you again). I also think that you are overthinking this stuff. What I mean is - you're giving it way too much thinking and that can only lead to you repeating some silly words like that time earlier. My advice - just be yourself, act around her like you act around some girl you are not interested in at all, some of the girls you see every day and have absolutely no intentions with. That way, you'll be relaxed and she can see the real you. You don't have to make a move or act like Casanova with some pick up lines or anything like that to impress her. She wants to meet the real you, and if you think too much you'll blow it. Good luck and remember - be yourself
    now like I have said, since that day we have talked. now last night i sent her a message asking her what say would work this week for us to go bowling. now say for some reason, she has changed her mind and tells me she doenst think we should go. should I then explain to her what I meant by the "official" comment.

I mean, I can't see her actually doing that considering she didn't act like it was a big deal at the time, but she might be thinking I'm trying to rush things.

thebloodycoon Guest
    now like I have said, since that day we have talked. now last night i sent her a message asking her what say would work this week for us to go bowling. now say for some reason, she has changed her mind and tells me she doenst think we should go. should I then explain to her what I meant by the "official" comment.

I mean, I can't see her actually doing that considering she didn't act like it was a big deal at the time, but she might be thinking I'm trying to rush things.
    Dude, it's like I'm talking to myself here. I told you that in my opinion you're overthinking everything. Just go with the call/message or whatever and see what she responds, then think about the response. Don't try to cover every scenario, because you cannot. You can only make things worse. Call this girl, ask her out, go and have a wonderful time together and be happy That's from me

Quote Originally Posted by thebloodycoon View Post
    Dude, it's like I'm talking to myself here. I told you that in my opinion you're overthinking everything. Just go with the call/message or whatever and see what she responds, then think about the response. Don't try to cover every scenario, because you cannot. You can only make things worse. Call this girl, ask her out, go and have a wonderful time together and be happy That's from me
    sorry about that. lol. i just struggle with girls sometimes. i either show to much interest or not enough. last girl i didnt show enough interest and i blew that so now I'm just trying to correct it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast