+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Downgrading feeling or overreacting

Downgrading feeling or overreacting

Ok, so me and my bf have been together for 4 yrs. Everything is fine, but when it comes to communicating about things that are bothering me, he simply doesn't listen or tells me why how my feelings are stupid. We very rarely argue, but when we do, the argument always goes back to the same issue of our communication. For instance, when we first started dating and I would get mad at something I would do the usual chick thing and say I'm fine, nothing is wrong, or have that facial expression that I'm pissed but wouldn't say wut was wrong. So he told me, if u have a problem, open urnmouth b an adult and say wuts wrong. So we agreed from that point on that if in had a problem, say it and we will deal with it.
    So lately we have had a few arguments that brought up a lot of issues that we have never solved. If I tell him that something upset me or something hurt my feelings, all he will do is describe how I shouldn't that way, it's stupid to feel the way I do and then tries to argue with with how my feelings are not of any substance. For example, today, we got into an argument because he put a picture of him and the three little rascals where it's called the he- man women haters club. Now, it looks funny, but it struck me on a sour note because not only did he put this up as a profile picture, but he used a picture that I was in and simply cut me out. I found that to be a little over the edge. I brought it tonhis attention and instead of him saying of him saying o sorry if that offended u or just simply take it down, he just said that's stupid, it has nothing to do with u. I got furious and untold him howni felt about the picture and this is an example of him downgrading my feelings.
    Now my question is: am in overreacting or is he taking advantage of the fact that I rarely fight with him about the true problems?

Sounds like a stupid reason to be upset. From what I gather, it was a picture of 5 of you in the picture originally and he cut you out, so it was just him and his boys, as the He-man Woman Haters?

No, he took a picture of us and then cropped me out and replaced me with the other 2

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's an idiot.

Tell him when you're NOT fighting about this... that sometimes he should listen because you want to vent. Tell him you don't always want advice, or want him to explain anything you just want to scream aloud and have him tell you "it's ok".

But your feelings about being replaced are valid. I'd be choked. But you're just JUST upset about that... you're upset about it all and this was you last straw.

He seems like a misogynistic individual to me, from what you have described.

A man who negates all the emotions a woman has is a manipulator and a heart breaker.

Your feelings have value and he doesn't seem to respect them.

The real question is : "why have you attracted him into your life?"
    "A life which is unexamined is not worth living"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]